Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a TomTom One (130 i think ill have to look on box in the truck) Saturday! man i love this thing! I think TomTom makes the best GPS... Advance Auto had them for $99!!! The cool part is how i modded the unit! i changed the little arrow that represents you to the backend of my truck!!!

For those with TomToms to do this:

-Take Pic of ur trucks back end
-Upload
-arase background completely and replace with RED (255,000,000) it has to be red or pic wont show up right! the red becomes transparent when on unit!
-Resize to 80 pxl x 80pxl.
-Save as truck.bmp (BITMAP(24-Bit; it has to be 24-bit or wont work!!!)

-Hook up TomTom to computer
-Go to My computer, click on TomTom.
-Locate "art" folder. then find "cars" folder.
-Copy that 24-bit 80 x 80 pic here.
-disconnect and restart TomTom
-go to preferences and change the car icon to ur truck!!

Here is what mine icon looked like when i fixed it in paint.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BADINTEN said:
that is freakin sweet i love this tom tom you speak of. really i was just wanting to buy a gps and i think i found the one i want
it does everything i need it to do...talks, gets me where im going. we give $99 for it at Advance Auto. Walmart had a sale on them for $60 over black friday too. I dk what they're back at now

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i guess garmin is ok, but i love my tomtom, its really easy to use!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
we have garmin but its one of the first ones and it sucks... when we first used it my dad said "great, another woman trying to tell me what to do." the really funny thing was the fact my mom was right next to him! haha

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Good writeup!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Me too... LOL

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Nah, you can leave whatever is already there... haha

The threads would look pretty crazy without them... It would look like Olfordtruck is talking crazy to himself... LOL

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
i just saw my name pop up and wondering... i dont talk crazy to myself... why would i do that... i have no idea... these guys are nuts dont ya think... sure do!... lol... haha... you crack me up... hehe glad to make ya happy... haha... lol

anyways...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts