Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I could find was linkage from a A4LD/1350 B II. I was able make it work though. The bottom of the shifter itself would hit the transmission housing preventing it from going into 2 wheel and 4 hi, so I had to trim about a 1/4" off the shifter base.
The yellow is what I had to trim off. I welded the lever on the backside since I ground so much off the edge where the lever is pressed in.

My next issue was the little arm on the tcase. The shifter was lined up with it rather than being offset, so I had to cut the arm and offset it.

I also threaded the stud, so I could put a nut on it in case it trys to flex and pop out

Its hard to see, but this is where the lever had to be trimmed to clear the tranny

Here what I started with

I was able to cut my hole dead on the first time :yahoo: I measured the where the handle was in relation to the bolt holes so I could mark out my hole. Then after I got the plate cut I used it as a pattern for the floor.

Heres how the stock lever setup looks

The hole is completely hidden by the console

The lever hits the console in all gears.

My new lever is offset about 2"

I cut the threaded prortion off off the stock shifter and welded it to a peice of 1/2" rod that I put 90* in.

I had to trim the console out a good bit

The lever is almost touching flloor in 4 hi, but 4 lo it is 1" away.

I made it hug the console to keep it away from my leg.

I am still playing around with different boot ideas, I am using a piece of rubber that I cut slits in, but it doesnt flop down around the lever very well. I am looking for some sort of brush or boot from a car with a hand operated e-brake.

I spoke to soon when I said I cut the hole perfect on my first try. It turns out I didnt make it wide enough, so when I had everything back together and went for a test drive, I found out that when I give it a little gas the transmission torques a little and the lever rubbed the edge of the hole making a terrible scratching/popping noise. So I had to take everything apart again to trim it up a little bit.:annoyed:

-plumcrazy

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Re: Manual T case w/Full length center console

very good info! exactly what I need for my 97!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I think next weekend when I am home I will work on the boot/brush a little more. I was looking at the interior door handles on my dad's 350 and they use a brush, so I will make a trip to the JY and see what i can come up with.

-plumcrazy

·
Registered
49 Posts

Man that is sweet, I love a manual tranfer case, leaves no questions and quick control.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts