Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I located the oil sending unit on the passenger side behind the head.

Then I removed the center console piece from around the shifter so I could drill a 2 inch hole where I wanted to mount the gauge. Also so I could run my wires up thru the dash.

Then I made sure I had all the right fittings.

Then I test fitted all the plumbing.

Removed the sending unit from the block and installed the new set up. I used a 1/4 npt tee and nipple and lock tight thread sealant. This what it looks like installed on the block.

Then I pulled the radio out to run all my wires and to tie into the power and hook the light up to the dash light.

Then I drilled the hole in the console.

Then I wired everything up and here is the finished product. With light off.

With the light on.

I hope this post helps some one eles to install very easy to do. It took less then an hour.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: Electrical Oil Gauge install 3.0

Very good write up! Ive been thinking about doing this soon also!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts

What make is the gauge and where did you get it from? How much was all the parts?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

the gauge was 19.99 its made by nitrous i went cheap I am broke. Then it cost me 17 and some change for the fittings and the lock tite thread sealer. It was about 40 but it is worth it.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts

Thats not bad at all! Once i get some things paid and get my paychecks maybe this will be a soon project for me!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts

Im just trying to figure out where I would put it! Maybe I could get the A pilar gauge housing and mount it in there. Only problem is that I would need one more gauge to fill the second slot. Any ideas of a guage that would be worthy? Maybe fuel psi?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts

yeah. too many choices! LOL

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
My vote ; vacuum gauge, helps me keep my foot out of the gas.
Richard

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Thats a good idea! That would help me control myself better! LOL

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
how about a reall water temp gauge vs the fake ford one. good thing we didnt try this drunk. the stuff you used looks alot nicer that the crap we had in hand

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BADINTEN said:
how about a reall water temp gauge vs the fake ford one. good thing we didnt try this drunk. the stuff you used looks alot nicer that the crap we had in hand
Yes it does hahaha. It turned out pretty good I think. But this weekend is compression test and possibly replacing the camshaft sychronizer.. The compression test will tell the story...

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I did my compression test all is well. I advanced my sychronizer like you would a distributer stuck the vacuum gauge on it reset the battery and wam I am good to go no low oil pressure no knock no ping I think the timing chain is stretched so it thru some stuff off but so far so good now knock on wood.... 8)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts