Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive heard you can take out the in sides but i can not figure out how.

btw i do not have this one i have a different kind

i can not fin a pic of mine and it is to dark to take a pic

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Why?

Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
alwaysFlOoReD said:
Why?

Richard
It's been thought that hollowing it out or removing it completely will both give the throttle a "throatier" sound and increase airflow.

A buddy of mine took his out completely and replaced it with a piece of PVC to see what would happen (if there were any noticable increases in power. It really didn't make that much difference. Hell, from my experience, a col air kit doesn't really make too much of a difference, just gives the throttle a different sound.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i want the sound without putting all the money out for a cai i already took out my air snorkal yesterday and now i hear the air coming in so i thought this would make a difference to
i was thinking about buy Spectre Performance - Air Ducting but free is always better 8)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
as long as you take out the plastic piece thats before the airbox and put in a k&n filter thats about as far as you can take the factory air system. the plastic piece in front of the box chokes the air flow a lil but thats about it bro

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah, what Badinten said is all you have to do.

I have a CAI and like many others have learned that they really don't do anything, I didnt believe that it didn't for a long time, because i thought i could feel it, but there's alot of stats against them.. glad i didnt spend 250+ on mine

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
now when built right a cai will out perform but like i said it has to be built and away from the heat with fresh air going to it

now in this first pic she worked great until i had to drive in the rain lol. the tire throw the water right into the air filter and i could have built a water blocker but at this time my tools were few and my knowledge was not up to the task at the time.

as you can see here the filter dont stick out as far and this took car of the water prob but just didnt work as good as having the filter sticking out like in the first pic

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my truck has a plastic pice blocking the tire from throwing water up their i have almost a whole cai i just need a filter if anyone has a old small one i could have or pay a lil for that would be great. i will buy a new one eventually but they ant cheap

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea but i have no income right now :'( thats about all i have is 20 :'(
once summer come ill be making money mowing so then ill be good and my teacher is suposed to hook me up at krystals ;D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
ok well take a look at your local craigslist.org and post a lil wanted ad asking for a hook up

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
why do you want to do what every one else is doing it dont even look that good in the first place

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts