Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 4.0L V6 auto tranny in my ranger, and just got it and trying to find little doo-dads I can do to the truck to start customizing.

Now i've looked at video's on youtube of rangers with dual exhaust and I havent figured out if I like the tone or not. I think if I was gonna do it i'd go with 2.5" offroad x-pipe into flowmaster 40 series.

How do you like the sound of rangers with dual exhaust?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Well dual exhaust on a ranger means the headers go to a Y-pipe, go through more cats, goes through the muffler, and then splits to two pipes over the axle. Pipes cannot run on the driverside of the driveshaft since the gas tank is there. True duals sound nice and the flowmaster super 40 series has a great moderate tone and gurgle for the 4.0.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh I didn't know that, well..I guess the x-pipe is out :'(

so I guess I would need just one flowmaster and then let em split? I've put dual exhaust on 72' Nova..it was about $500 after my long tubes. How much do you figure exhaust install would be?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Well it cost me $65 for my Flowmaster super 44 single inlet/ single outlet and cost $100 for a shop to bring out the pipe out before the rear tire so it didnt go over the axle. I would say get a single inlet/ dual outlet and then run the piping over the axle. Im not sure how much that would even cost. Mainly depends on the type of tubing and quality of bends and welds.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I think they sound pretty good. I would bet you could get it done for less than $300.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i might have to look into it a later, right now i gotta get ready for my first payment on the ranger :'(

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
ugh... payments suck...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you've freakin got that right. these arent that bad, its $205 a month and $74.27 a month for full coverage at Geico

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
good rates! I know my F150 set me back for a long time... I think the payments were like $462/mo and had insurance at $120/mo... thank god it's paid off!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i was pretty pleased with my payment and insurance, its less than $300 a month for the truck and thats fine by me! Dad just got a 2010 F150 Fx2 sport with the premium 20" rims on it, its setting him back $530 a month! ???

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no dads F150 really is a Fx2 Sport. the Ranger is a Fx4

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah i reckon I need to get used to the truck and get used to saying that. shoot for the past 4 years I've been saying Kia Sportage so I'm moving on up!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
haha... Demon is crazy sometimes...

Got any pics of your dad's truck? I love the 09+ F150's!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah sure! I ran outside to take a few pics, although you can't see it all that well cuz its parked undernearth the shelter with the ranger. but these are what I got

dads truck is cherry ride, has the 4.6L V8 with 3:55 gears. 2010 F150 Fx2, his 20" wheels are on the way. I've noticed dad seems to keep pretty sweet rides around the house? How come I got stuck with the Kia?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
i have a 96 ford ranger 2wd FX4 and i love it lol

I JUST SAID THAT TO SEE WHAT RED WOULD SAY LOL

1 - 20 of 35 Posts