Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I've been trying to advertise on a couple other forums (non Ranger related) by putting a picture link in my signature. The traffic will really pick up once Google finds the site and it gets more content. Google states that it takes about a month for the site to show up.

With the domain name I have chosen, it should rank pretty highly on Google if someone were to type in "Ford Ranger"

·
Registered
49 Posts
Another good way is to try and spread the word, anyone you know that like to work on trucks or really anyone you know of that would like to contibute. Just really have to let people know it's here, also the more content the higher the odds that google will pick it up and place it higher on the search list.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
yeah, i'm trying to advertise the site, but not much luck so far... it's still relatively new... some of these sites are years in the making.

Hopefully we could have about 25+ members by the end of the year

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yea be nice to bump it on up quicker than that but can't really steal members from other sites. Have you tried talking to anymore admins?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I've emailed a couple computer forum admins... I'm trying to stay away from the Ranger based sites... they dont seem to like that very much...

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
yeah, that's the issue... I'm going to do some research on advertising...

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
still havent had much luck on new members... we're up to 4!

try to spread the word as much as you can! :)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I recently set up a facebook group titled "Ford Ranger Fans", but I think I'm going to change the name to FordRanger.net to make more of a connection to the site.

I have Google Adwords going as well.

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
well thank you!

I'm still a member on pretty much all the other Ranger boards too... LOL

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
well, it's been 3 weeks now and we're up to 29 members! the site is growing fast!

I'm still trying to spread the word as much as possible by utilizing various sites. Hopefully we eventually become one of the premier Ranger sites!

I want to thank everyone for all the content they have posted recently! It's really helping make the site feel more like home! ;D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Ive got a few Ranger friends near me in VA Beach that ill try to get to join.

·
Registered
211 Posts
STICKERS!!!

we could have stickers made that fit on the little windows. i think that is is great advertising. Plus we all like stickers. i checked one time and i can get some made for like 95 cents a sticker.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
yup yup... sounds good to me! we just need some ideas for designs!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking BADINTEN...

When I get my truck back, I'm going to get a sticker made that has the words in the logo at the top across my entire back windshield ;D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts