Ford Ranger Forums banner

Should Ole Yeller be lifted or dropped?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what some of yall think already but I want to know what everyone as a whole thinks... quick breakdown of the truck if you dont know about it...

2003 Ranger Edge edition
3.0 V6 2wd w/ 4.10 gears
Edge edition gives stock 2 inch block lift in rear and T-bars that can be cranked up to level it or cranked down to lower.

Im leaning towards the lower end of it. Not like the tail draggers but more like the Lightning Bolt stance. Something sporty, low, and ready to run the track for kicks.

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I'm gonna have to vote dropped on this one... I think it would look pretty sick ;D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like a fleetside version of that Lightning Bolt! Im all for that!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know what company makes the 3/5 setups?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
DJM I believe makes a set for your year model

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okie dokie... ill be checkin it out! Maybe after these tires are near gone I will look into dropping my mini Bolt! lol

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It would also be a few years before I do this. I am just wanting to plan ahead and all. Ill wait till after I get comissioned into the navy i 2012 so I got a good paycheck and tp where the truck isnt my only vehicle.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Drop 2wd, Raise 4x4. The only way to do it in my opinion. How much can a lifted 2wd go through that a stock 2wd can? Its pretty much the same.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It would not be a slammed truck. It will be a full on race style setup. Slightly higher in ther rear, maybe only an inch, and full coilover suspension. Hells yeah! And some 19 inch cobra rims with street tires for cruzing and slicks to put on for the the track.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
please, ill bag you. leave it the stock height. i just LOVE the stance of your truck as she sits

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha, i do think it is a sweet truck with the current stance! It will be a ways down the road before i would do anything though... years and years!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
haha ok cool. not to bash or anything but i wouldnt like your truck as much if she was lowered rather than her current stance. i absolutely love how she **** now, shes a bit high but still a slight bit lower in the front which is awesome on a 2wd. i love your truck as she is lol

oh and go to the thread in the suggestions forums called custom user title or whatever i called it haha

1 - 20 of 40 Posts