Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Ranger Forum! I am 27, engineer, and I live in central MN. I have a 95 S10 that has been a handful of problems and the latest timing issue I think might be too in-depth to bother with a repair. I have been looking at fleet-side Ranger's in the area with 110-170k miles that I could afford.

First off, everyone makes fun of the S10 because I bought a GM. Are Rangers in general better built/ more reliable? Anyone else have experience with both?

Secondly, is there something I should be looking for or avoiding? The truck at the top of my list is a 00 4.0 4wd. Anything about the 3.0 vs 4.0 vs 4cyl; 4wd vs rwd?

Thanks for any input you have!

·
Registered
10 Posts
my cousin had an s10 and I have a ranger (don't hate me for the next part) both are good trucks both are 4cylinders with manuals my 94 was vertually indestructible I drove it off a 15 foot cliff pulled it out and drove it home so yea the ranger is built ford tough but I don't recomend doing that lol personal opinion go for a 4 banger ford I got 20 mpg driving like dale ernheart my sis has an 01 3.0 an gets 16 mpg driving like an old woman

1 - 2 of 2 Posts