Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If you ever wondered what the new Ford Ranger would look like as a military vehicle? Well here you go!

French defense company Arquus, upgrades 4x4 vehicles for military and law enforcement and this is their take on the Ranger, which they call the "Trigger."

On its website, Arquus says the Trigger is powered by a diesel engine that can run on low quality fuel thanks to a "double diesel filtration system." It's apparently capable of travelling in water 80cm deep (around 31 inches) and climbing a 60% gradient.

Light tactical vehicle, the Trigger fulfills several roles. Able to transport troops and logistics, it can turn into a land patroller and fulfill security missions.

Developed on the most robust basis of the market, the Trigger is especially suited for military needs.

It also possesses the biggest payload capacity on the market, with 1.3 t of payload and 4.6 m2 cargo. The Trigger benefits from a reinforced platform for military needs and a larger, deep and modular flatbed.

With its high-capacity tank and its double gasoil filtration, the vehicle offers an autonomy of more than 1,000 km. An ideal alliance of simplicity and sturdiness.
Based on this vehicle It's cool to see a snorkel kit used on the Ranger. I'm sure a lot of people would like the massive bumper/winch as well. Would you want your Ranger to look like this?

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's a remarkable transformation for the Ranger! I think the snorkel kit for the Ranger would peak a lot of people's interests.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I came across this the other day, here's another look at a military version of the Ranger. This time it's a UK version.

I really like how the modified the truck bed for the cover and storage. It's a very different look compared to the Arquus version.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was hoping to see a more drastic upgrade to the suspension like what was done to the G-Wagon and Hummer H1 millitary versions.

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was reading the article and I'm surprised that they didn't upgrade the engine on this Ranger at all. You'd think they'd do something to increase power or durability.
Yeah that's pretty interesting,maybe that'll change depending on how each Ranger is going to be used in the field.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts