Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got these alpine subs and amp and im trying to wire it and i cant figure it out. i put the ground on properlt and the power cable goes to the battery and thats all stright forword but theres this blue wire that say remote or something like that and ive read on google that your surposed to connect it to the blue and white wire where your radio is, so i think i got that down but then there is the subs. how do i connect them to the amp? like there this clip thing and it has 4 wires ons white another is white with balck another i gray and another is gray and black and it says positive on top and negitive on bottom and ch 1 to the left and ch2 to the right. and ive reead that you need to connect the positive wires on the subs together and connect that to the positve on the amp and same thing for the negitive. i just need help with these damn sub wire its seems so confusing
thanks dustin

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Stop, don't connect anything till someone with knowledge can help you. You could screw up your amp or other stuff. It should go together fairly easy but I'm not good with explaining electronics [ probably cause I'm not good with electronics :D] so just wait till olford or someone answers your question.
Richard

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
STOOOOOOP STOP STOP give me a pic of ur amp and this should be done by someone at best buy or someoe u know that can teach u my first one i blew the amp up and smoke came out of it and as soon as it is all together do not use it only to see if they work the subs and amp need to be tuned by someone who actully knows how and or a professional these things are touchy lol if u do it right they will last for years if u do it wrong they could last for a month or two

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Yeah, I was gonna say post up a pic of your amp and we could give you a better answer on what needs to be connected and where.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

the square pugin in is the part that confuses me the most

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then what's the square plugin in the first pic to the close left I guess

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
That may be where you would plug in a bass control module... not 100% sure though...

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but it says speaker level input with the top being positive and the bottom being negitive left being channel 1 (L) and right being ch2 (R)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL well I read the instructions again and read them very carefuly and I had the speaker wires in the wrong spot but now my truck is BOOMING lol so thanks guys for all the help it helped out

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Glad you got it fixed!

·
Registered
655 Posts
ok this is long delayed but the lil square plug is a low level input it replaces you rca cables the amp came with the clip and wires they hook up like you were wireing a set of speakers up but instead it goes in the amp. like taping into each wire from your rear speakers that are not factory amped mainly + and - only amped will have more then one.inless its like a probe. most dont use them but its mainly for factory radios that dont have rca outputs. vpower amps dont sound as good with the low level ither.one wrong step in amps will burn your car to scrap. and i do know its a lot delayed lol on this message got board haha

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol almost a year late, but thanks for the information though

·
Registered
655 Posts
lol i get board so i go back throu old stuff to bring back if i know the info on it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
the way i see it some one else my have the same problem/question and now it listed.glad others thank the same way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts