Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in auto class right now working on a 93 ranger ext cab 4x4 and i need to take the front axle shaft right out ive taken out the passenger shaft and driver but there still the half passenger opone in the diff and it looks like i need to take one of the axle beams out to take the carrier out to take the c clip off that shaft in the diff . am i correct? get back to me asap please thanks guys

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I can't remember exactly how I removed the carrier but I didn't have to take out the beam. I think that the carrier and half-shaft will come out as a unit. I put a spring in the yoke between the inner and outer shaft in order to not need the c-clip in the future. That also makes in the field repairs to the shafts easier.

Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Yup, you will need to get to the inside of the differential and remove the c-clip. It will slide right out then. I did one about 2 months ago!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thing is its on a hinge type deal and i swing it open but the shaft hit the passenger beam and the bolt that the diff swings on is surounded by the radius arm so i cant take the bolt out from what i can see. should i have the suspention compressed? or not? or does it matter lol or should i just try harder thanks again guys

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
The radius arm is also a hinge-like system. You will need to loosen the bolt on the radius arm and turn it outwards. That should give you a few more inches to pull out the pumpkin.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright so take out the one end in the cross member and loosen the other bolt and it should swing open? thanks

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Correct

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet, thanks :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts