Ford Ranger Forums banner

hell of a project - the fordzilla

20K views 59 replies 7 participants last post by  badinten 
#1 ·
well i got a list of trucks and im gonna try to make one good one.
here what i got:

1986 ranger ex cab 2.9 4x4 5spd. needs minor engine work. floor is gone.

1988 ford ranger reg cab 2.9 4x2 5 spd. needs clutch. body is great shape

1989 bronco ii 2.9 4x4 auto, wont start

1988 bronco ii 2.9 4x4 auto. runs very poorly, cab is gone on the back.

i was gonna take the 4x2 ranger and sas it using parts from the 86 but nah screw that. id like to get the 86 ranger going. so im thinking ill take the cab off the 86, lodge the cab upside down on the ground or in my garage and cut out the whole floor. and make my own floor using probably 3/16" sheet metal or aluminum and have some like 2x3 square tubing welded or bolted on for the supports, cause thats whats gone in her now. so then id get it bent right and then she would be built perfectly for specifialy me. and then hit it with some paint, probably por-15 and then slap it back together, throw in a 4.0 and my d35/8.8 that im getting and id have my dream truck. probably around 4-6" suspension lift or more and a 3" body lift and some 35s with 4.56s. but thats getting way ahead of myself lol. anyways enough bullshit heres the pics

and the next pic is a bit scary...

no.. i dont know whats going on there either. she has 3" pipe cut for the pan, and 5 hockey pucks for the cab? oh well either way. a 3" Performance Accessories body lift and new rubber bushings instead of those pucks. and the rad support is gone on her to. so the rad support on the 88 b2 is good so i can see her coming to peices.
either way, im hopeing that the idea i got of making a floor will be road legal if not, well im screwed.

See less See more
#52 ·
hahaha. somebody wants to trade my 88 b2 for their chevy that is liscenced and worth a bit of money. so im gonna put a leaf and the exhaust on my b2 and trade, then sell the chevy for $1500 and pay for the f250 and the gas to go in and tow her home ;D

#56 ·
lol it might not ever work out with that chev but i NEED that 78. like something feirce. that has been my dream truck since i knew wat a truck was

#58 ·
lol where u find that? oh and BTW i dont know how i will pull that truck home, its too big to put on a uhaul, its 4+ hrs away. how do you think pulling her with the hitch would work out or will she be pushing the ass of the 2010 chevy All-terrain/towing package all over the road?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.