Ford Ranger Forums banner

Greetings!

7K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  fordzilla 
#1 ·
Hello RBV fans! Some of you might already know me from various other RBV sites, but I figured since I was given an invite from rngrdanny22 I might as well make myself known!

First off.. the site looks good! Very home like feel to it!

Those who already know me........ we'll you just have to suffer through looking at my B2 again! ;D

rngrdanny22,

When you gave me the invite I hadn't been logged into Cardomain for quite some time! The Bronco has changed quite a bit since you last seen it!

[IMG]

[IMG]

These are the most current pictures I have of the bronco since the paint job! I am hoping to get some time to completely redo my cardomain site!

I've also done a 4.0 conversion with Dash after the SAS was finished.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Its hard to see it, but heres the 4.0 just before she went under the hood:

[img]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l257/Nemisus/87%20Bronco%20Labor%20Day%202009/DSC04457.jpg

Thanks again for the invite and please feel free to comment!

Cheers

Nem

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome! Glad you made it!

That has to be one of the sweetest BII's I've seen! Almost exactly how I visioned mine to look!

#5 ·
Olfordtruck said:
Welcome to the site!!! That is one sweet BII!!! What was in it before the 4.0?
from 84 to 85 bronco II's had a 2.8L V6 (Carbed) and from 86 till 90 they had the 2.9L V6 (Fuel Injected)

No Bronco II was ever produced with the 4.0! However since the blocks of the 2.9 and 4.0 are nearly indentical the 4.0 makes for an ideal motor swap! It bolts right up!!

If you maintain the 4.0 harness and also do a Dash conversion from either a Ranger or explorer (anything pre 95) it makes the swap nearly plug and play! The only modification I needed to do with my 4.0 swap was change the fuel lines!

Thanks for the warm welcome and comments!

Cheers

Nem

#6 ·
That works out perfectly then! Looks very clean with the swap! Got any more future plans with performance?

#7 ·
performance? Not much left for what I use it for! If for some reason I decided I never wanted to drive it on the street I'd consider dropping in a V8, but for now I like the idea of keeping it street legal!

I for got to mention the goods in the axles! I suppose you could consider this peformance!!

FRONT: HP Full Width D44 running 5:13's attatched to an ARB air locker. Complete with all NEW outers, custom SAS Jame Duff Long Travel Radius Arms, Full Size James Duff 5.5" coils lift the front approx. 8" of lift. Coils seat to custom redesigned James Duff Dual Shock Mount Coil Buckets! REAR: Big Bearing Ford 9", also matched with an ARB air Locker. Rear lift is accomplished using Skyjacker 6" leaf packs and Belltech 2" shackles, plus a 1" block for a total of 9" of lift!

I'm alway up for suggestions though!

Thanks again

Nem

#9 ·
Depends really? This particular 87 has seen many different builds! Just the SAS to where it is now.... I'd say just about 1 year going slow and taking my time! I recieved a lot of help from a good friend! Having a good set of extra hands is all the difference!

I've been working on the Bronco ever since I got it... which was nearly stock! All it had were 30" tires and a james duff 3" lift!

Bronco II's are my passion! My first vehicle when I became legal to drive was a 1984! Didnt do alot with it as it was tired and required alot of work just to keep running! My second Bronco was an 1988 XL.... you might have actually seen it?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/277857

After I sold the 88 (very unwise decision) I picked up the 87 and began my work! I'm quite sure I'll never get ride of the 87! Too much time and money into it!

cheers

Nem

#15 ·
Hello Rico! Hows it going bud?

Dyllan, yes it is a D44 HP! ohh, and btw, you many not know this, but the last picture of the blue and silver Bronco II in your sig... its the same BII featured in this thread!! ;D Cheers!

Thanks rngrdanny!

As always appreciate all the comments!

Nem

#18 ·
thanks BADINTEN!

Appreciate the comments and warm welcome!

Cheers

Nem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.