Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting ready to bag my ranger but i dont under stand the ibeam concept never had the ibeams jus t bars is do i have to get new ones or will the bags let it drag frame.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
94 ide have to change the whole break set up. but will drop i beams let me lay frame with bags. ive never done these before not even a customers car. ive done t bars jus change out the a arms and all that good crap...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was hopeing beams and spendles would do it i dont think ive ever herd of zing the frame ???

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
they dont make spindles for the i beams just 3 inch drop beams. to z the frame you cut the frame right in front of the front cab mounts and raise the front of the frame up a few inches

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
screw that lol ill jus go 3in drop and lay as far as i can and just drag the rear lol a 3 in and bags should be close if not touching who knows ill post pics of the whole project taking place pic by pic

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i thought i saw in another post yours had a transfer case? ie 4x4

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nope 2 wheel drive i dont lower 4x4.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
The 3" drop beams ("dreambeams" as they are called) wont let you drag frame just from having them. The bags are where you get the drop from. When the bags are deflated, the truck should be able to drop to the ground as you wont have springs anymore.

The "Z" frame that BADINTEN is referring to is usually done to the rear of the truck. You also have the option of what's called a "bodydrop". This would involve cutting the floor of the cab and bed and raising them, thus lowering the truck.

When dropping trucks, there are many options and many different ways to customize! The sky is the limit!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
boss man im talking about the front of the truck not the back its call z ing the frame and to lay flat you have to z the frame in the front like 2" to 3" the back is a whole other story but any how with bags and drop beams in the front it will be pretty low for sure. there are a few makers of the drop beams and the 2 most known brands are the belltech and the djm dream beams i also point out the airbagit.com beams there close to the belltech and imo and others the bells and the airbagits are stronger than the dream beams

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
That may be true that you can z the front, but a "true" z in the frame occurs in the rear as there is no other way to slam the back without putting a notch in the frame. The rear axle would hit the frame otherwise and ride terribly.

If you z the front too much, wouldn't that cause the engine/tranny to sit too high, thus causing contact with the cab floor?

I'll try to find a couple pics...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
love the ideas ive never herd it called that theres a company that makes frame peaces like that here in townbut for the other way donk cars ewww i was doing resurch about it i should be fine to lay fram on 20 with the 3 in and bags but to notch the front frame ide be laying much bigger wheels. i dont like really big wheels even thought bout the 17ive got. but ne ways im doing a 8in monster notch and watts link set up hopefully like the design.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i like a lil comfort with my ride tiny tires like 25s make a bumpy ride and the fear of destroying 2k doller rims cuz our city cant fix our roads.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i like a low pro tire like a 50 or 40 but thats it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts