Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured since I can't afford better wheels and tires right now, I should get my windows tinted and get what I can lookin its best. Figured tinting the windows should be a cheap fix. I am interested in getting the driver and passenger window (the back window and other side windows on half doors are already tinted) and have a fairly large strip of tint over the top of the windshield. How much do yall think this will cost, and look?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Red said:
depends prob around 200 to 300 bucks but down there u never know and tinting is a commen fix to make things look nice
if its that much I'll just leave it, i aint that interested in getting my windows tinted, I was thinking like $50 bucks or so. If its that much I'll just get a freakin bull bar

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
exactly, if im gonna pay that much i'll just get something thats actually useful, and i've found em a little cheaper. but i doubt that it would be that expensive for two windows

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont plan on messing with any of my rear windows, and my side windows. They're already tinted factory and are pretty dark. I was just planning on making my driver window and passenger window the same tint which isnt to incredibly dark but dark enough you can't see in it without struggling. So I would think two windows wouldn't cost much

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I called around to get price quotes and they were all the same. Except one place, Fine-Line Window Tinting in Macon, GA that told me $70 for the two windows (which everyone else said) and that INCLUDES a lifetime warranty on bubbling, fading, and peeling for life. Only one other place offered a warranty and that was for three years for the same price. So needless to say I'm going Friday to get that done, I'll make baby steps with elmo and work my way up

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I paid 65 for just the two windows on my 97 with no warranty. That's not a bad price!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm sure it is demon ???

i called the GSP today and asked what the legal limit is for tint, and they said 32%. So I called the lady and she said it doesn't leave if its illegal and that normally she will go with 35% since the glass will normally have a slight tint, so she said that normally equals just about 35%.

I figured what I'd do is not leave after they get done until they put a meter up to it and see where it's at, if it's illegal I'm not leaving they gotta redo it, and i'm sure as hell not paying for it.

yall think it'll look good on the extreme red paint? and do yall have an idea of what the tint is stock on the back window and the side windows?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
See i dont know how dark those can go, I didn't ask all that. I may go back and do those later

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
actually no, I just looked it up and no darker than 32% all the way around as of 2005. freakin state.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Yup... got mine on in 05... 32% was all they would do. For twice the price and paying in cash, I could've got whatever I wanted though. LOL!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Yeah, here too. Anything after the driver windows can be as dark as you want.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you sure danny? from what I looked up on google on Georgia's law it just said 32%. if thats the case I'll get 32% on my D/P window and then behind me i'll get like 10%..obviously not right now I'm not interested in just getting my D/P done so it'll look better and keep this freakin georgia heat out of it and protect my interior ;D

yes I'm a little OCD about my truck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts