Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gears are shifting hard foward and down shifting checked fluid was low added to it ran fine but every time i check seems low but no puddles under truck anywhere ???????????? any suggestions ?????? thx
2002 ford ranger edge 3.0l v6 7.5 rear end < just changed left rear wheel bearing and seal also >...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
My guess is a leaking slave cylinder. I don't have enough knowledge to give any advice though.

Richard

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i get off highway after complete stop truck wont go into gear and after i go through gears (automatic tranny ) it all the sudden slams into gear ????????????? then when i get home its bone dry
and im only go around 80 mph and about 20 miles

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
So it keeps going dry and there is no residue on the transmission at all? That is a little strange...

I'll read around and see if I can find something!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I didn't realize it's an auto. Can't help, sorry

Richard

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea my buddy thinks its either pan o ring module or rear seal me i have no idea just know ive replaced alota **** on this truck in the past 6 months wouldnt have a clue on how to do it without this site lol thanks for all the help !

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well found out what was wrong radiator hose busted this moring and ten found out the tranny cooler on radiator was bad and what was causeing issue so was basically running tranny fluid for radiator fluid lol
now theres water in my tranny and now its time to have some fun anyone have any good tricks for removal of tranny and installation would be greatful thx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I think you could replace the rad and then take the truck to a tranny shop and get them to flush the trans. I think they can do it through the cooling lines and it'll replace 90% of the fluid. You might have to do it 2 or 3 times. You'll have to research whether it's worth it to you to try as there may be some risk of blowing the trans if all the water isn't got rid of, but it may be worth a try.

Richard

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i checked with a couple tranny shops and asked around said its cheaper to rebuild then not rebuild and run risk a a drop of water in te and contaiment whole deal so just gonna rebuild and go from there was a bitch when i dropped tranny last night looked liked a gallon of pepto bismo was in there lol anyway thanks again for feed back !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i found you solution..

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
^^^lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts