Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if any of you guys out there fabricated up some tow hooks for the front of the 93-97 trucks. As far as I know, there were none offered factory, and it would be really nice to have some. If anyone could shed some light on how they did it or any ideas on how to, it would great.

·
Registered
984 Posts
dont know if they would work. the mid 70 s ford 4wd trucks had wild tow hooks. look over the j yards some thing out there has what you need stay away from those cast one s. i see lots of broken one in the hills.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I haven't seen anyone run a set with stock bumpers, but they would definitely be nice!

All the ones I've seen have been part of aftermarket replacement steel bumpers. The kind that have a winch mount.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I though about putting in a front hitch that works with the factory bumper, but I don't really have that much time to fab something like that up, and I don't have a welder when I am at school. And I am not going to drop big bucks on a aftermarket front bumper for a stock truck that doesn't need a 300 pound bumper on the front of it. It would be sweet, but I am too cheap for something like that.

·
Registered
984 Posts
rngrdanny22 said:
I haven't seen anyone run a set with stock bumpers, but they would definitely be nice!

All the ones I've seen have been part of aftermarket replacement steel bumpers. The kind that have a winch mount.
wheres there a will theres a way

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Yeah, I hear ya on the aftermarket front bumpers. They aren't too expensive if you have the tools to make your own, but if you dont, they cost WAY too much...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts