Ford Ranger Forums banner

Front grill and bumper replacement

6K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  komarovdv42 
#1 ·
I'm not a car guy (although worked in car biz as internet technician) and would like the opinions of active rangers with a project I have for my 2010 Ford Ranger (Commercial Edition, white)

I use my truck for gardening, hauling, and live in the country and really beat it hard. There was an accident I ran it into a ditch and it ruined the plastic grill and front bumper and right front light (now held on by duck tape).. this was years ago when I first bought it.

I'd like to replace the grill, bumper, and what other necessary items with metal, not the OEM.. such as brush guard. I'm not even sure what exactly parts I need or where to buy them (such as JC Whitney) I do have a mechanic that can help install it but I wanted to get opinion of active forum users for what would be the best $$ spent on front end overhaul, considering the plastic bumper and grill is damaged. For example I thought instead of buying these individually I could get some kit that would include either one integrated piece or several that work together.

Thanks!

I'll take pictures later.

#3 ·
Greetings,
I'm new so I hope I'm not necroing an old thread. I've had 3 rangers. I have been making upgrades and improvements on my o7 recently but I did a lot of tinkering on my 99. Mostly cosmetic. As long as you read all the information on the pages you're purchasing from and make sure it's model and year correct, you should be fine ordering from the web.

I'm currently saving for a steel front bumper and have found one I like for $500+ free shipping I can send the link if you are interested. It's more for a 4x4 with a winch.

If your bumper is just a bit crumpled but just needs the plastic exterior replaced that's pretty easy and reasonable too. The lower piece can be found for$100 and the top and bottom skin for$200-300.

Grill are available in flat black pre primef for paint or chrome and black $100-300 depending on which way you go. Paint shop will cost $100-150 to paint.

Front light lenses are easy too. I recommend buying in pairs because there's no chance they'll send you the wrong side and When you put the new one on the other old on looks old.
I think I paid $50 for the side lenses and $100 for the front.

My 99 rear ended a little old lady who stopped when she shouldn't have. After I replaced the lenses and grill the truck looked almost like it didn't happen except for a scuff on the bumper and a dimple in the fender near the side lenses.

I'm getting my 07 back from fresh coat of paint and freshened up linex bed liner. I really like my rangers so I'm going a little nuts on this one.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.