1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start this off with what I got today;
1984 Bronco II with no body rust,

has no interior,

2.8l motor seized, 5-spd trans, manual T/C, 4" suspension lift,stock radius arms,

what looks like a homemade leaf pack with 7 leaves,

custom heavy duty front and rear bumper,

custom aluminum gas tank. The body isn't on the frame and the motor is sitting loose. I guess I'm lucky. I let my ex-neighbor store stuff in my rented Quonset for 6-7 months till he found a new place.His stuff took up a space 10'x20'. He asked me how much I'd charge and I said don't worry about it. This was over last winter and he took his stuff away in the spring. He called me up a couple of weeks ago and said his buddy had a Bronco that he was giving away, so I checked it out, and it ended up being a Bronco II. I didn't want to say anything till I actually have it, so now I can jump up and down and scream and yell....YAAHHHOOOOO!!!!
So what have you got for free and why do you think you got it? Karma or ?

Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Awesome score! Can't beat free!

The body looks to be in excellent condition. And you got a 4" lift out of it ;D

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to spread the wealth.
The truck came from Saskatchewan and I don't want to deal with an out of province inspection. The first person to p.m. me can have the body and back hatch, but no doors or front clip. I'll throw in interior pieces that I have extra from my parts pile- should be enough to make a fairly complete interior.

Richard

·
Registered
984 Posts
swap vin plates to the good body ??? tell em you painted it

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've thought of that.... Who knows?

Richard

·
Registered
984 Posts
i am sure that once you got it together ,being the guy i think you are. it would pass inspection any ways 8)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The mechanical would, the cosmetics - not. I had a salvage inspection done on my '86 ranger 2wd and it almost failed for a dent the size of my palm - 1/4" deep. A O.O.P. [ out of province ] is not as detailed from what I understand, but they still niggle pick the details. And I don't know a friendly mechanic for an O.O.P. or salvage insp. I have a '91 exploder roll over with 4.0l that runs great and the '86 Ranger body with no rust. I see a shorty Ranger 4x4 with a 4.0l in my future.

Richard

·
Registered
984 Posts
dame thats harsh. plan b sounds cool

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
man if you where closer and i was at a place where i could fit another car out side i would so take this im thinking 4.6 out of a t bird 93 to 97 front clip and who needs doors lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts