Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked at it, and its a 4.10 with limited slip straight from the factory. :) I almost want to put 3.73 gears in it though..

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
you prob wont see much of a differ in mpg but you would for sure feel the power diff but ill take your 4.10 lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, this would be the first thing I have ever driven with 4.10 gears. Its a little different, but it screams while going along at turtle speed... kinda like that :laugh: I would like to see how much MPG I get on the 525 mile trip back to Houghton before I decide anything.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
You could go up in tire size a couple of inches, that would bring it back to feeling like a 3.73.

Richard

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alwaysFlOoReD said:
You could go up in tire size a couple of inches, that would bring it back to felling like a 3.73.

Richard
I prefer the quickness actually. Im one who loves to find a good balance between off-road and street performance. I just easily made it through a couple feet of snow on my current tires, so I don't really have a need for bigger ones which would slow me down on the road.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Bigger tires would give you a higher speed on the freeway at the same rpm. So if you went the same speed as before, your rpm would be slower, usually saving gas.
Off the line usually isn't as quick though.

Richard

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
bigger tires would give you less mpg the xtra weight and mass plus being lifted higher in the air creating more drag on the truck it may lower the rpm but it make the motor work harder

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Never thought of it that way, you could be right.

Richard

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
every once in awhile i can be lol just dont tell the girl friend lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry had a lot of work the first week, so I couldn't get on until now. I averaged 17.55 MPG on the way up here going about 60 MPH. Its not too terrible, so I will keep my 4.10 gears. I plan on opening up the intake a bit and putting on an electric fan, which should net me a little more performance and MPG.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
ya the fan will help and olford needs to update us to see if his pulleys got any mpg incres

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
badinten leave him alone we need to encourage him to put in 3 73s and sell his 4 10s (to me)

:D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
ya he drives the bright yellow ranger edge single cab 2x4 with the 3.0 and an auto but he never reported how his mgp is now he just been busy with school and stuff lol

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
o and i already called first dibs if he did get rid of his 4.10s sorry zilla

1 - 20 of 22 Posts