Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Ford's plan is starting to come together. Other than becoming #1 in the US, they also wanted to make their fleet of vehicles available worldwide by 2014. That means all vehicles sold overseas will be sold in the US and vice-versa. That is looking pretty good but a BIG bart of their plan was to sell of most of their companies and only have Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury. The remaining company they had from aside from those three was Volvo... Well now Volvo is being sold to Geely (a Chinese company) for $1.8 Billion.

This is great because they still hold all of the technology for Volvo and now they have even more extra money to open up more factories, step up production, and make what on the streets much better!

Heres the link to the article...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Geely-to-buy-Volvo-from-Ford-apf-863777577.html?x=0

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Yeah, but Ford has to get rid of some excess luggage to focus on the breadwinners... I couldnt believe GM would close Saturn and keep Buick... seriously, do you know anyone who has bought a Buick since 1988?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No one except Tiger Woods maybe... lol

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Not knocking Buick by any means... Just saying that I dont see too many new ones around. I know of tons of people who bought Saturns in the last 5 years...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually see more saturns on the road than buicks... unfourtinally my fiance drives one of the saturns...

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I think they sold SAAB... but they still ditched Pontiac... LOL

Hummer should have gone years ago...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a solution... GM needs to be gone!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fine... every gm and dodge we have ever owned has been a pile of **** for us. yet to have a problem with any of our 7 fords.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol
First On Race Day

1 - 20 of 23 Posts