Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A spokesman for ford was disscusing the new 2011 explorer when he said something about a new ranger being released for the usa. But that was all he said. It is not confirmed yet and not denied. Spotters have seen ford testing a small light duty truck. Others have said ford was thinking of making the ranger turn into the new f-100 and bringing them back. But if that is so than y did the spokesman say new ranger. These are things to think about for u ranger lovers and lovers of all ford trucks through out the many years ford has made dependable long lasting built tough trucks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thats the same thing that I've been told by the dealership I've been working with.And that I will have to wait until Sept. before they start building them to get what I want.Which sucks,I may end up getting a 2010 model IF I can find one close to what I want.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what i ment to say is ford has discontinued the ranger completely and will so the spoksman says rebuilding it from the ground up and from what i heard there will be a V8 5.0 option thrown into the mix of it but like i said no one has confirmed or denied it and i don't think they will till they are sure it will sell and another thing is if they do finialy discontinue it and don't make a new small truck they are the dumbest assholes ever cuz dodge and chevy will reap thr glory of small truck sales

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i wouldnt be suprised if it was the f100, i heard of that alot before on other sites. then he would just say ranger because its what we all know it as, trying not to screw with out minds lol

honestly i dont care if they make another ranger, ill never be buying a brand new ranger. the only brand new truck im gonna buy is a superduty 7.3 powerstroke, 6 speed, true manual hubs(none of their auto/manual locking bullshit), and extended cab with 6.5' bed
oh and a big dirty snowplow on the front lol

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
We've been hearing these sorts of things for the past 5 years now. Every "new" Ranger so far has been simply a front-end change. Hell, we've used the same beds since 1993!

I'll be surprised if this new "Ranger" or "F100" is anything special. I hope it is though. I would love to see them stay true to the "compact" pickup, but I bet they move towards a more mid-size kinda like the Tacoma did.

Oh, and a 5.0 option would be the ****... ;D

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from what i have heard through the grape vine in the ford factory that my uncle works in is that they were told very choice words f-100, new ranger, v6 and v8 options only, and also discontinual. so hell who knows and i know they been talking about it but the way the auto industry has changed annnnd the way cars and trucks have changed i wouldn't be suprised if this was both true. at one point last year they said they were killing the f-150 and turning it into the f-100 so who knows cuz i don't think they even know

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I doubt they ever ditch the F150 though. Too profitable... they make a ton off each one they sell.

I would be content with the V6 that's put in the new Mustangs.... 300HP and 30MPG's? Would fucking rock in a Ranger! Probably just need to give it a little more torque...

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Hell, with 30MPG in a V6, there's no need for one! Unless you could make a hybrid Ranger 4cyl that could get close to 50 MPG's ;D

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
LOL... that's what I'm thinking is that their gonna ditch the 4.0 and go with the 3.5L. I could see them offering both the 3.5L and 5.0L...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i think if they were going to do a v8, it would be a 4.6 rather than 5.0

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
6.2 FTW.... LOL

If they do the redesign i see them putting these engine in it...

2.3L I4 Ecoboost (Like the Explorer
3.7L V6 Ecoboost (Mustang V6 with ecoboost tech)
5.0L V8 (They have to put the 5.0 in something other than the Mustang before 2014 because you know they are gonna put something better in the 50th Anniversary and they arent gonna just use the 5.0 for a few years and not use it in other vehicles that can handle it)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
they should use the twin turbo motor that is put in the taurus!!!!1

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Thats a 3.5L V6 Ecoboost.

·
Registered
583 Posts
And that 3.5L Ecoboost is going into the F-150 last I read as well.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
that 3.5l ecoboost is going in to my ranger

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Yes the F-150 is gonna get an engine overhaul very soon. You can have that 3.5 in yours... ill take the 5.0!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts