Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Australia's WhichCar? magazine, Ford is testing two new V6 engines for the next-gen Ranger at the You Yangs proving grounds.

The engines are a 2.7-liter twin-turbo EcoBoost V6 and a 3.0-liter turbocharged Powerstroke V6. Now, the diesel engine isn't likely to come to North America but it seems likely that we can see the 2.7 liter engine in the new Ranger. If that's the case, I'm very excited!

Wheels can reveal that both a 3.0-litre single turbo Power Stroke diesel and 2.7-litre twin-turbo ‘Nano’ Ecoboost petrol are currently being tested in Australia.

The second generation of the ‘Nano’ Ecoboost made its debut in 2018, and features a number of changes carried over from the 3.5-litre Ecoboost that is fitted to the F-150 Raptor.

When fitted to the regular F-150 the twin-turbo V6 produces its peak power of 242kW at 5000rpm, while all 542Nm worth of torque is delivered at just 2750rpm.

If Ford sells the petrol V6 Ranger in Australia, it would be the most powerful traditional dual-cab you can buy, by a significant margin.

However, it’s likely this engine is being developed with the North American market front of mind. That’s not to say that Australians will miss out, but a high-power petrol dual-cab has yet to be offered by any manufacturer locally.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If this is true I think an engine like this would get a lot more people looking at the Ranger. The four-cylinder can only do so much in terms of performance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If this is true I think an engine like this would get a lot more people looking at the Ranger. The four-cylinder can only do so much in terms of performance.
I'm sure a lot of people are going to have fun with the engine, especially tuners.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts