Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i pretty much have owned my 06 ranger fx4 level ll since new, thats a story in itself, but anyways was just wondering how often you should change all the fluids, it the scedualed maintainance guide it says all kinds of different things and under different conditions, i do baby my truck 90% of the time i have takin it offroading the odd time , towed a few cars, trailers here and there and used my 4x4 quite often during the winter months. let me know what u guys think

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
If you use 4x4 often, I would say change the diff fluid about once a year. For the transmission and the t-case, I'd say every 25-30,000 miles.

I think you might get a bunch of different answers... LOL

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
oil should be changed every 4000 to 5000 miles, trans if auto every 30,000 to 50,000 miles, stick every 50,000 to 70,000 miles, brake and clutch fluid should be flushed out atleast once per year, the cooling system should be flushed out twice a year, and the rear (or front axle) should be changed from 12,000 to 60,000. all of this info depends on how hard you drive. if you leave in a hot place and drive fast and ride your truck hard it should be changer a lil sooner

·
Registered
76 Posts
The dana 35 axle you cant change the fluid unless you pull the whole carrier out poorly poorly poorly designed axle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts