Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Even though the 2019 Ranger is just now starting to hit dealers, Ford has announced a recall for the brand new midsize truck. Due to a wiring issue with the shifter, the override preventing it from shifting out of park could fail, resulting in a rollaway risk. The recall affects around 3,500 models in NA and dealers can perform a simple test to see if a fix is required. https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26183115/2019-ford-ranger-recall-shifter/

Ford reference number for the recall is 19C02

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a bad feeling that the resale values of these will be hurt big time by these issues along with the fact the next Ranger will create a massive divide.
Is that concerning anyone here or am I the only one?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a bad feeling that the resale values of these will be hurt big time by these issues along with the fact the next Ranger will create a massive divide.
Is that concerning anyone here or am I the only one?
The current Ranger had time to prove itself and thus means we get a mostly worry-free pickup.

A new model always presents new challenges, so buyers of the current Ranger might not be at a complete loss, depending on what the 2020+ version is like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts