Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the cash on hand, got pissed off from banging on the dash to get the speaker outputs from the 17 year old Audiovox cd player to work and yanked out, er, replaced it with a JVC KD-S37 for troublefree operation. Operated so well, when i found where to select from subwoofer to rear output, nearly blew me out of the cab :laugh:. Guess it works.

Awesome sound and can plug in Ipods and flash drives along with future expansion inputs for an additional amp, satellite radio and an HD receiver. Now comes the conversion to mount the amp in front of the stick shift and install a short center console since there isn't any room behind the seats anymore.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Might as well put in this one as well. Went and ordered the correct Mustang speedo cable from the dealership so that i can start using the original speedometer again. The gps got mounted on the dashboard.

Much better feel and don't have to wait for the gps to acquire before finding out how fast i'm going.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Sweet! I'm pretty overdue for a new CD player also. I've had mine since about 03 or 04.

Would you recommend the JVC? I've always had an Alpine.

·
Registered
711 Posts
rngrdanny22 said:
Sweet! I'm pretty overdue for a new CD player also. I've had mine since about 03 or 04.
you think you;re over due? my explorer has a mini disc player in it!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rngrdanny22 said:

Would you recommend the JVC? I've always had an Alpine.
This new install was the easiest to replace i've ever gone through and took around an hour to do the complete replacement. I'd definitely recommend the JVC but only from no experience from using an Alpine. As for the price, was able to get it without breaking the bank but the Alpine probably has better fidelity sound handling. Have to read up on the reviews...

RICO9 said:
rngrdanny22 said:
you think you;re over due? my explorer has a mini disc player in it!!
Hey, I still got my 2 portable mini disc players, one of them records the programs for the slightly ancient trash 80(TRS-80) computer from radio shack. Amazing the thing still works, blazing fast with the 16k of ram.

·
Registered
585 Posts
i have the jvc kd-r600 and it has everything. you can change the colors on the headunit to match your interior color, can get bluetooth, ipod,mp3, AUX outlet, its the best headunit ive ever had.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
white94ranger said:
i have the jvc kd-r600 and it has everything. you can change the colors on the headunit to match your interior color, can get bluetooth, ipod,mp3, AUX outlet, its the best headunit ive ever had.
Definitely agree on that, having a blast cruising to the new system. Did the same color change as soon as i got it installed, probably get the additional units over the next couple of years, one kickass system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts