Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out the rec department and climbed some hills. Went up a bigger one but kinda afraid to get out, i was leaned WAYYY over on the taller one. made it up it just fine tho. damn i love 4:10 gears!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
nice flex! Yes the 4.10 gears sure are sweet!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahahaha! yeah its pretty amazing, I thought of it randomly when I bought the truck. figured it was appropriate and goofy, its big and red lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha thank you :) i'm a little goofy, figured it'd match.
I went up the bigger hill today, here's the pics of that.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Love that last pic man! Great flex on the rear tire!

BTW, I'm about to have a twin of your truck... getting rid of the F150 and picking up my old 02 FX4... cant wait!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i thought about that lol, i was just in a rush to get out of there lol. yeah man the flex on these damn things are INCREDIBLE espeically for stock! dude post us pics when you do danny!

how do these trucks compare to jeeps in offroading?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
TheBigElmo said:
yeah i thought about that lol, i was just in a rush to get out of there lol. yeah man the flex on these damn things are INCREDIBLE espeically for stock! dude post us pics when you do danny!

how do these trucks compare to jeeps in offroading?
I'm definitely gonna post up some pics when I get it. I already have plans to pick it up around Sept. 20th so be on the lookout!

Demon-FX4 said:
they are a jeep just with a bed lol
They are very capable offroading, just have a little longer wheelbase. In comparison to other trucks, I think maybe only the pre-2004 Tacoma's come close to the Ranger's versatility off the road. Of course bigger vehicles like the Bronco or the F150 are pretty capable as well, but they are also bigger and a little less adapt at trail-riding. Mud bogging though, the bigger vehicles usually win (cant beat that V8 power ;D).

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you sure bout we're just jeeps wth a bed? sorry im drunk right now lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
Umm, I wouldn't say that Rangers are just as good as Jeeps. Jeeps have a solid axle up front as factory. They also have a stout reliable engine under the hood that I would say is more reliable than the Ford 4.0 and has more power. (At least the OHV, never driven a SOHC version so I can't compare there.) I also haven't heard really any bad things about their manual trans either, but haven't heard any thing good either.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
ok here it is i was in a thread in greatlakes4x4.com with jeep people ok the 03 rubricon jeep I6 4.0 and the 03 ford 4.0 sohc the ford has more torque and hp as for the solid axle yes they do but get a solid axle off a jeep and put it on a ranger and bam perfection the jeeps I6 4.0 does last for along time but has oil leaks that never go away and afew other odd and ends wrong but don't get me wrong they are great engine.....in a jeep lol but the ford 4.0 sohc if mantains properly will last long too the ford 4.0 has it's probs to i hear like timeing belt and such but hey i'd rather have a ford engine and a ford ranger

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i love jeeps, and someday i will have one, with a 4.0 and manual trans. rangers should have came factory with straight axles too lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts