• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a dilemma I was hoping you guys could help me with. I'm stuck on deciding whether or not to go with the 01+ rounded fender flares on my 97... do you think they would look better than the 2000 and below flares? The older ones arent as rounded and are actually textured whereas the newer ones are smooth...

Help!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
The 01+ are also textured based on which ones you get.

If you get ones for a FX4 they will be textured if you get ones for a EDGE they will be smooth and can be painted to match

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I think the newer FX4 would look best.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about the newer ones, but I was kinda afraid they would just look like Bushwacker flares on my truck...

Stl, I totally forgot there were two seperate ones... The ones I would go with would be the Edge Flares..

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I like my edge ones on my edge but I thought the FX4 ones were the ones where it looks like the bolts are in it... maybe im thinking completly wrong... hehe... Edge just has all the best features... flares, powerdome hood, honeycomb grill, front valance... all the goods! haha, this is coming from an Edge owner though!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the FX4 has the powerdome hood too... LOL ;D

I'm kicking around doing a complete front end swap on the 97... would love an 01+ front end...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
well... well... well...........the Edge one is better! haha, just playing! hehe. 01-03 is a great front end! are you trying to do the hood, grill, valance, and fenders?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, the whole thing... dont forget the dreaded core support... LOL

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BADINTEN said:
i like the bushwhackers lol
Haha.. I do too! I just dont like how far they stick out... not on a Ranger atleast...

I guess the 07+ ones wouldnt stick out too far... maybe I can try and use photoshop and see what it would look like...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
oooo, have fun with the core support! That should be a challenge! haha

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
the 01 to 03 front end is one of my favs i was goig to do the swap but why would i do what every one does. i want the something new and different front end. like the newer 05 and newer one with the two different honeycomb bigger in the center like the 01-03. i would show my front end idea but yall just have to wait until i get closer to being done with it every one will think o **** i should have though of that lol

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
You just have to do what you want and something unique to you... every truck needs a theme and a plan, once you make that plan you have to stick to it and make it great...how much longer will it be until we can see it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Olfordtruck said:
I like my edge ones on my edge but I thought the FX4 ones were the ones where it looks like the bolts are in it... maybe im thinking completly wrong... hehe... Edge just has all the best features... flares, powerdome hood, honeycomb grill, front valance... all the goods! haha, this is coming from an Edge owner though!
the 06+ rangers have those style flares

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
time is something that i have for the next week. i have to get rollin on my truck i still need some parts for the motor and i will have the cab back on soon im hoping. i have some pics im running old and new and yes i have a power dome off an 01 lol i love it. so maybe a week or less for the pics and new build write up

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
so thats the years of those fenders! hehe.

looking forward to the pics and build write up! Powerdome hoods are the best! Makes a Ranger look beastly!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah, the bumper is already off an 03 and I would be keeping it... Maybe while I take the core support off, I can throw in this 5.0 I have sitting around... wishful thinking... LOL

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.