• Total voters
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see what the best motor that Ford made for RBVs is

1. sorry I couldnt add the 2.0, 2.3, 2.5 cause i could only have 5 options haha

2. dont vote for like a 4.0 or something unless YOU owned it. only vote for the best that you owned.

3. even if youve only had a 3.0 for example and you still HATED its guts you still have to vote if its your only one haha

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my vote goes to the 2.9 cause i owned 7

·
Registered
559 Posts
You can't just say 4 bangers. There were tons of them. Carbed 2.0, Carbed 2.3, EFI 4 plug 2.3, EFI 8 plug 2.3, EFI 2.5, and the the DuraTec 2.3. I might vote 4 banger if it didnt include the DuraTec.

Same goes for 4.0, there was OHV and SOHC.

The good old OHV 4.0 gets my vote. Awesome low end torque for a v6. The 8 plug 2.3 comes in 2nd, because it is bulletproof.

-PlumCrazy

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know that but like i said i only had 5 options so if you like the 8-plugger just click 4bangers

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PlumCrazy said:
You should have made the poll for you favorite RBV V6 and replaced the 4Banger option with the SOHC 4.0.
will do

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
2003 3.0 Vulcan V6... full cast iron engine... Vulcan is the blacksmith god of fire and volcanoes!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
3.0 what I have now bit I did have the 2.3 and it was bulletproof 8 spark plugs never once broke down on me oil change is all i did it was my daily driver

·
Registered
583 Posts
I've owned both the 4.0 OHV and and 2.3L 8 plugger. I voted for the 4.0, but after thinking about it, I should've voted for the 4-banger cuz that I never had any trouble whatsoever with it. The V6, on the other hand, I had to replace at 138,000 miles cuz it blew up on me after burning a quart of oil every tank of gas since I bought it.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
My 97 has the 4.0 OHV, but the 02 FX4 I had hauled ass with the 4.0 SOHC... and it was a manual ;D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I owned the 8 plug 4 banger and it didnt have enough power to make it up the hills going to work, so I sold the truck and bought the exact same thing except for the 3.0L. By the end of the week she will have an 05 3.0L with the 5 speed auto tranny. So my vote is obvious.

·
Registered
655 Posts
thats a hard to vote only had 1 lol every thing else was 5.0 or bigger

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
RBV= Ranger Based Vehicle. So that means Ranger, BroncoII, Explorer,Aerostar and there may be others that I can't think of at the moment, but the Mustang is not one. But the Explorer did come with a 302 [not sure years....'96-97?], so that motor should be in the poll!

Richard

1 - 20 of 55 Posts