Ford Ranger Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
1]"and beefed up TTB drop bracket"

2]"I lifted the rear with Chevy 64" springs and ext shackles."

Hi PlumCrazy,

1]I was wondering if I could cut and turn at the pivot point without using a drop bracket, kind of an L shape.
The quick look I took I don't see any interference.

2]What year, make, and model do I look for?

Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
People do to a "cut and turn" to gain a little clearance, but they are far from an L shape. They dont angle it any more than 45* if that.

The 64" leaves came on 88-98 full size Chevy's 2 or 4 wheel drive. Best to go with springs from a 1500 to get the right spring rate. You have to move the front hanger 6" forward on a Ranger.

-PlumCrazy

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
PlumCrazy said:
People do to a "cut and turn" to gain a little clearance, but they are far from an L shape. They dont angle it any more than 45* if that.

-PlumCrazy
I wonder why? I'm building this truck for short course, the course has some fairly big jumps. So, I'm trying to get some travel numbers without spending. I have the tools and skills to fab though, but not the knowledge of what to do. Learning as I go :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
alwaysFlOoReD said:
PlumCrazy said:

-PlumCrazy
I wonder why? I'm building this truck for short course, the course has some fairly big jumps. So, I'm trying to get some travel numbers without spending. I have the tools and skills to fab though, but not the knowledge of what to do. Learning as I go :)
Its a strength issue.

·
Registered
585 Posts
i like all the attention you put into your suspension lol its not just built ford tuff it built plum tuff :D

21 - 35 of 35 Posts