Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, anyone know what the exhaust pipe size is before the muffler on a 2002 ext cab ranger 4X4? Thanks if you do or know a site with the size? thanks

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
should be a 2.5" piping... thats what my 03 edge is.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. That's what the size was on my 97 as well.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
what are you planning on doing? maybe we can help with piping solutions.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay, thats what i thought, and im just thinking of exhaust ideas, replacing it all, just a muffler with dual outs etc..

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
ah, okay... keep those cats in! They really do not hold anything back and if your in an emissions nazi state then you'll need all 5! Im assuming you want duals out the rear? What muffler are you looking into and are you loking for straight out the back duals or 45 degree swept duals at the rear bumper corners?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what i thought, im thinking a Flowmaster super44, single inlet dual outlet, with the pipes coming straight out the back? i think? or on an angle, not sure yet, but yeah duals

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
FLOWMASTER SUPER 44!!!!! Hells yeah!!! Great choice of muffler! If i were to do duals out the back on mine it would be straight out but im a lightning side exhaust kind of guy on all my ford performance vehicles so thats just what I would do.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I just love the side exhaust like that! If I ever get another ford truck or a mustang or anything made for going fast... it shall have the side exhaust lightning style as long as it looks right.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
it was that way on mine but when i replaced the muffler i went ahead and replaced that one with a 2.5... air flows like a laxative kicking in! lol

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
yeah one of those two... i judt do 2.5 and let the tuner manage all the fuel mapping for backpressure differences.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts