Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

As you know, I love our site and its members dearly. However, it has come to a point where I am no longer able to provide the attention and resources that it truly deserves. Instead of closing shop, I’ve decided to transition to a new owner. I am excited to announce that FordRanger.net is now part of the Autoguide.com family of websites. While I will be turning over my duties as Admin of the site, I will remain as a member who visits daily. Autoguide.com brings to us a deep network and plenty of resources to grow our site towards the future. I would like to introduce you all to Dwayn from Autoguide.com who will be joining the staff here as an Administrator. He will be using the username Admin. Please join me in welcoming him to our community!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, I am always available through PM. Please let me know and I will be able to answer them to the best of my ability.

Thank you all, and have a great day!

- Danny

·
Administrator
113 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Dwayn here, I look forward to chatting with all of you and becoming part of the growth of this great site.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Welcome Dwayne.
Would you give us a short explanation of what autoguide is about?
Thanks,

Richard

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
ill stick it out for a min to see how it goes because i have so much vested in this site but i may just stop this site all together maybe it just was not ment to be guys we will see

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alwaysFlOoReD said:
Welcome Dwayne.
Thanks,

Richard
Dwayn should be back on this morning to answer your question.

BADINTEN said:
ill stick it out for a min to see how it goes because i have so much vested in this site but i may just stop this site all together maybe it just was not ment to be guys we will see
You're one of the original 18! You have to stay! 8)

·
Administrator
113 Posts
alwaysFlOoReD said:
Welcome Dwayne.
Thanks,

Richard

Hello Richard,

Thanks for the welcome. Autoguide.com is our automotive brand. We do new car reviews, car comparisons and automotive stories. We are just a bunch of car enthusiasts here. We also run a bunch of automobile websites.

Thanks,
Dwayn

·
Administrator
113 Posts
BADINTEN said:
Hey,

I can only see the site here getting bigger and better. I am always open to opinions and suggestions.

Feel free to email me as well. My email address is [email protected]

thanks.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
i understand being busy and also being part of the start of this site ( OG-18 ) but this site was being built by ppl that live and breath Ranger Based Vehicles. i understand you (admin) run another site and i did look at it before deciding what i think. autoguide looks like a million other review sites and that bothers me. the way things are someone running a site should want to stand out from the rest like we have wanted on here. however i have said i will stick around and see what happens.

·
Administrator
113 Posts
I love all vehicles. I am a car nut just like many people. I do have a special place for Fords. Especially ford trucks. My first vehicle was a Ford truck. My Dad worked for Ford electronics for the past 26 years. I remember visiting the plant he worked at all the time when I was small. Nothing beats Ford Trucks in my opinion.

I am sure you will be happy and let me know what you think we need to make this site bigger and better than ever.

Dwayn

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
can you change your name from admin to THE MADMIN or the mADMIN so it feels a lil more like you care lol

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
or nimda

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
^^^ maybe not, that sounds like you may be a little slow. or a whole lot of other not so nice word matching.

Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alwaysFlOoReD said:
^^^ maybe not, that sounds like you may be a little slow. or a whole lot of other not so nice word matching.

Richard

LOL 8)

·
Administrator
113 Posts
MADMIN sounds awesome I never heard that one before. I am going to change it to that. LOL

Dwayn

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
thats a start as for not owning a ranger cant say that hinders you from doing a good job but demon does have a good point alot of the other forums turn to crap after a min and not just slow like we have been just a horrid place to logon to

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Whether the admin owns a Ranger or not, it shouldn't hinder how the site runs and operates. We, the members, contribute the content and expertise that is looked for in a forum. It's not a requirement that an admin of a site has a vested interest in the subject, just that they are out for the better good of the community and look to improve it any way that they can.

The resources that AutoGuide.com can provide will help grow this site for the future and make it a much better place. Just wait and see.

Additionally, there are a few members here that no longer own Rangers, but they still come and participate. We didn't run them off when they decided to part with their trucks.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
rngrdanny22 said:
Additionally, there are a few members here that no longer own Rangers, but they still come and participate. We didn't run them off when they decided to part with their trucks.
This. It's why I still come here. There's not much "I'm better than you because blah blah blah". I'm interested in learning and helping when I can. And even tho we aren't from the same backgrounds or even countries we still tolerate each other and have respect for what each other do, or try to do, in a rangerous kind of way.

Richard

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
i could not tell you the diff between the two without lookin it up myself

1 - 20 of 32 Posts