Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I own a manual transmission ford ranger (03). Recently I had to give a jump to another truck that was parked on a hill. I engaged my parking brake to prevent the truck from rollingl. Now, the brake fails to release when I pull the release. The pedal pops up just fine but, the truck will only move in reverse without resistance.

I would like to know if there is any way for me to manually release the brakes or what my alternative options are.

Edit: The weather does not seem to be a factor as I live in Georgia and the brake locked up on a warm day.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
when you put the brake on was your truck pointed up hill or down hill. and the e brake cable is right under the driver side if you look under the cab the cable running along the frame should be the brake see if it is moving when you press the brake and release it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the time the truck was pointed up hill. Currently, I am not in possession of the truck as it was towed away from the parking lot I left it in.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Definitely check the line and make sure it's moving as BADINTEN mentioned. If not, you may need to take the brake drum off and check out what's going on in there.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
now you have to pay to get it out thats crap all becuz you tried to help someone out man i hate that crap

·
Registered
5 Posts
When you put the braking mechanism on was your vehicle indicated up mountain or down mountain. The braking mechanism wire is right under the car owner part if you look under the cab wire operating along the structure should be the braking mechanism see if it is shifting when you fixed the braking mechanism and launched it .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts