Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the site and have a few electrical issues on my 2008 ranger sport 4x4. I had my clutch recently replaced and when I got it home I noticed that my back up lights didn’t work and my 4x4 will not engage. Another little quirk is that when I park it and I leave it in reverse with the key off my heater fan pops on. I shift it in to any other gear and it goes off. It’s been at the Ford dealer for over a month. They thought it was the fuse box. It was getting rusty and corroded so they replaced it and I still have the same problems. Supposedly they’ve been contacting the Ford hotline to find out what else to try but I haven’t heard back in about a week. Any suggestions I can give them would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m new to the site and have a few electrical issues on my 2008 ranger sport 4x4. I had my clutch recently replaced and when I got it home I noticed that my back up lights didn’t work and my 4x4 will not engage. Another little quirk is that when I park it and I leave it in reverse with the key off my heater fan pops on. I shift it in to any other gear and it goes off. It’s been at the Ford dealer for over a month. They thought it was the fuse box. It was getting rusty and corroded so they replaced it and I still have the same problems. Supposedly they’ve been contacting the Ford hotline to find out what else to try but I haven’t heard back in about a week. Any suggestions I can give them would be much appreciated.
Sounds like perhaps whoever did the repair got the wire that’s supposed to feed power to the backup lights connected to the heater fan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts