Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does the 2004 3.0 have an egr valve??? Because I have a slit pinging problem that just started I replaced the plugs wires did the sea foam??? Wanted to know if any body else has had this problem??? :p

·
Registered
559 Posts
gerald1488 said:
Hey does the 2004 3.0 have an egr valve??? Because I have a slit pinging problem that just started I replaced the plugs wires did the sea foam??? Wanted to know if any body else has had this problem??? :p
Should have an EGR.

-plumcrazy

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I tried looking it up in the chilton book for that year or i should says years the book is about. Tried looking online at different places none of the 3 different kinds I seen could I find on my truck. Now i need to figure out the next indicated step.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I'm not sure about the EGR valve, but just want to say that Haynes manuals have seemed to be a little more detailed IMO...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I had the same pinging problem after sea foam. Youre supposed to change the spark plugs after. I forgot to so when it was time for more oil I did a light sea foam, ran it for 2 days, changed the oil, changed plugs, did a high mileage tranny treatment, put Zmax in the oil, and put two bottles of the octane booster in it. Thepinging has since gone away and all performance is restored.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i never had that problem but im a mechanic replace the cap and rotar bc sometimes they sick and causes the egr valve to do stupid **** i it doesnt work try and have it looked at my friends ranger did this and we change the cap and rotar it hasnt done it since been 1 yr let me no if this helps -pat

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright guys Thanks alot i drained the gas out and got some from a different gas station I went to a cheaper one before so now I went back to 76. I will change my plugs this weekend thanks again... :p

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Just dont fall into the Boush trap!!! dont do it!!! They are terrible if you didnt know already! I only run Motorcraft or Autolite Platniums in mine. Since she came of warranty its been Autolite and they are great!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
lifted_99ranger said:
i never had that problem but im a mechanic replace the cap and rotar bc sometimes they sick and causes the egr valve to do stupid **** i it doesnt work try and have it looked at my friends ranger did this and we change the cap and rotar it hasnt done it since been 1 yr let me no if this helps -pat
did i miss something cap and rotor are we talking about sparkplug rotor cuz last i looked they started using coils or coil on plugs did i miss some thing also i use the bosch and they worked great but i got the high end ones at like $9 a plug and eight plugs a four banger lol

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
They are coils on his...the boush is okay for 4 bangers but they still dont last too long... they wear out easy and start misfiring... Its much worse in the V6... My buddie's 3.0 had the boush +2 and they started messing up 7500 miles into them... motorcraft and autolite are the common favorite in ranger owners i would say.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Motorcraft is usually the way to go with any Ford truck since its the same ones that come stock

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
yup yup. I use motorcraft for just about anything... it it aint autolite plugs, its motorcraft... motorcraft synthetic oil goes in, motorcraft oil filter... made by ford to go in a ford!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah its a coil pack... I fixed the problem it says that the 3.0 uses 87 so i stop using the ralphs gas (because it was cheaper) I switched back to 76 87 and ran some lucas gas cleaner injector stuff half way thru the tank it stopped pinging. It was the water in the cheap gas... I couldn't be happier... :p

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
so you were probably running the regular gas with eathanol 10% which is E85... maybe ill try finding some non E85 gas stations around here and try that.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea give it a try and see what happens i know the 3.0 runs on 87 not 89 not 91 so check it out it worked for my pinging and that must of been some shitty gas i was using...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
yeah... ill try it next time i fill up.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
WAWA, which rund E85... im gonna see if BP uses ethanol or not... Shell probably doesnt either but they are really expensive!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts