Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I'm assuming you have 2wd, I checked your info and you didn't post it. I'm not too familiar with this stuff but till someone with more knowledge posts, here goes; You probably have blocks that you can remove between the springs and rear axle. And you can do a shackle flip, if you take the rear spring shackle mount and reverse the mounting it will lower your ride. I'm not exactly sure how much this will get you but a little time with a tape measure will get you close. For the front, I'm guessing, I think you have coils. Old cheap way is to use a torch and heat the coil till red hot. It'll relax and settle down next to the coil beside it. This is a one way trip so do it half a coil at a time. You also lose some suspension travel so think this through first. Make sure you have all the stock rubber bump stops in place, front and back. I'm sure there are other, better ways, someone else will have to chime in though.
Good luck,
Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
For the rear, a flip kit is your best bet. The shackle flip is also an option, but is a little more work.

For the front, there are lowering springs (2" drop) or something called "dream beams" which replace your stock I-beams with a set of lowered I-beams. If I'm not mistaken, they will lower the front about 3-4".

I hope you decide to lower! We could use a few more lowered rides on the site! LOL

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
X2 on Danny...

and yes, another lowered truck would be nice... too many high guys... LOL ;D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Go with DJM Dream beams for the front. If you don't want to flip the coin for new ones, decent used ones can be found on craigslist and ebay. For the rear, buy the axle flip brackets. Cheap and easy. I might even have some flip brackets somewhere in my mess. I ran em before I was bagged. I'll check..

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
until you want to drop a lil money into it the first thing you can do is cut a coil or two out of the front i dont recommend you heat them to lower them unless you really know what your doing. cutting them is your best bet for 2" of drop easy. as for the back i would buy the flip kit it cost very little and easy to do and thats good for 5" in back

·
Registered
655 Posts
well youlle have one more lowered well bagged but lowered all the same theresa few nice but cheep kits on ebay but i dont trust nething but name brand cheeper is not always better but try airbagit.com they sell cheep lowering kits at a desent price i sell a lot of there stuff for lifts i beams mess with my head.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The easiest way to lower the rear almost four inches is remove the two shorter springs on the rear and leave the long one, I got 4 inches out of the back. The front get some mini adjustable spring compressors, they work either way 2" up or down.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Got any pics of your ride 95loneranger?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
sorry to bust your bubble but please dont not pull a leaf spring out like 95lone said the remaining springs will break and your ass out i STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU NOT PULL LEAFS OUT IN THIS CASE now if your baggin it and just use the one main spring to hold the rear in the truck fine the bags hold the load

when you just do a static drop do a flip kit get an expo rear end or do the hanger flip

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
A flip kit will give you about 3-4" drop in the rear. They aren't very expensive either... you can usually pick up a set on eBay for less than $30 shipped.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
ya there not to costly and to do the hanger flip all you have to do is buy the bolts and move the driver side to passager and vise versa

1 - 17 of 17 Posts