Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, but experienced with trucks. But currently I want to convert a standard 2wd 1995 Mazda B2300(ranger clone), into a dually. Now I know there are conversion kits to do this, but I have no idea where to even start. Any ideas would be great! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I've never seen a kit up close or even heard of one until last year. I would try custom making rims and fit them on a full size axle. If your interested I have some sites for custom rims saved on my other computer.

Richard

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
the easy way is to get a full size axle and putting it under your truck

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Welcome to the site!

I would like to see what these conversion kits consist of. My thinking is that they wouldn't be "true" dually's that can support a decent amount of weight.

If you really want to do it fully, you will need to get your hands on a rear axle from an actually dually, and have the tube/shafts shortened to fit under your truck. That would be it for the axle, but in order to complete the look, you may need to modify the bed sides a bit to have the dually-type flare outs (I'm pretty sure this comes with one of those conversion kits. Now onto the suspsension. If you really want it to be able to handle like a dually, you're going to need to upgrade the leaf pack and shocks. But don't go overboard with the suspension or it will ride terribly under no load.

Can anyone think of anything else?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
This is the only link I could find. I thought I had some saved that would sell the parts to build your own rims with whatever backspacing you wanted. My thought was to use a custom adapter to go from lug-centric to hub-centric on the rear and build four hub-centric rims with zero backspacing.
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2006/02/Steelies/

Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Lil Ole Blue said:
Thanks! And it would be more for style than workload.

Oh ok. Then the conversion would be fine! Good luck with the build and be sure to post pics!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
the only thing i would say is get a toyota pickup rear axle there 1 ton rated and not to hard to find

1 - 9 of 9 Posts