Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working for my old uncle today, had to grind off a whole skidder like this

not sure how much im getting paid (still gotta do 4 wheels tomorrow) but it should be a fair dollar, and he got a bit more work for me to do on his house.

now he has a 1994 Ranger STX supercab, its a 3.0 automatic, are these engines any good? is the aftermarket any good for these? she got a electric transfer case thatd id swap for a manual that i already have
to pass inspection she needs a tailpipe which comes with her and rear brakes, and she comes with the brake shoes,2 wheel cylinders, flex line, and 2 steel lines, and 2 rear axle seals.
He was selling her for $1000, but he told me he would sell her to me for $500. but i told him i dont have that much money. so he told me to save up a couple dollars and all the work im doing for him now, he will jus take off the bill for the truck
he also got a spare truck for parts that i can get whatever i need off it, grill, hood, fenders, doors, whatever. the truck isnt rusty besides one spot on the fender, i took a quick look down under and she looks good.
he said if im real interested he will get her out and blow up all the tires for me and what not. i took a look under the hood hopeing for a 4.0 but it was just a 3.0.. auto trans is fine for me since i like do to rock crawling and some high speed racing that would require 2 hands on the wheel lol
so do you guys think this would be a good deal? or am i wasting my time
And you all know about my collection of trucks but one of my b2s i would take the transfer case from for this truck and crush her, the other is going to my pops and the other rangers are fine where they are.

shes identical to this one:

same color, stx grille and gay pinstriping on the side

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
That sounds like a really good deal assuming it's rust free and doesnt have too many miles (probably less than 120k).

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea she dont have many miles, he DDs a fullsize

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
That's a great deal then. I would be all over it!

·
Registered
127 Posts
i'd say go for it man! ;D I don't know much about the 3.0's but it sounds like a sweet truck!

·
Registered
583 Posts
If its rust free, I would pick it up. Around me, you can't find a rust free 4x4 for anywhere near $1000. THey are all at LEAST 2k for a clean anything, and then it will have a pile of miles on it. On another note, are you sure its an STX? I thought that all the 3rd gen STX's had the 4.0L and were the fully loaded model. My STX even has a driver power seat and CD changer from the factory.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not 100% but is has the stx grill

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Yeah, it definitely has the STX grill (pretty rare actually). Mine is an STX, but I think maybe the options were slightly different for the 93-94 models.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the grill in her is broken and i dont really like the style so he has a parts ranger that i can get alot of parts from so im gonna get the grill from her, its just the regular one which i like better. and im getting the doors from her to make some half doors.
im going up there tomorrow to do some more work for him and ask him if i can try her out and ill take some pics of her

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im at my pops now i was just working for the old guy for a bit and i took alot of pics of the ranger and hesaid when i get this skidder done we can get her going hopefully i can take her for a test drive. im on a break now though because of thunder and lightning but when this passes ill get back to work i only got 2 rims left to do ill only be another hour if that much then take the ranger for a ride, ill upload the pics after supper cause its only dial up here lol

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok just went back down to work after lightning stopped and i was down about a hour got al the rims done and the grill done and started on the roll bars and it started pouring down rain so i came back up here now waiting for the rain to stop. i wish i could hurry up an get this skider done so i can take out the ranger

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
drove her out about 15 feet from where she was parked cause she didint have much gas, but he told me to bring up some gas and i can drive her up the road and out to sandy point (old dirt road) for a ride. here is pics of before i took her out

gay rims

upside down pic of hte floor, only surface rust

her only spot of rust, comes with another fender too

·
Registered
583 Posts
I would totally pay $500 all day long for that thing. Put some new/ used tires, decent clay/ wax/ wash job and you'll be golden. Oh, and I would also get different rims. Those are gay. They almost look like ones that came on older Jeeps Cherokee/ Grand Cherokees, and I don't ever remember those rims coming factory on any Ranger.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
id keep those tires for a while then put on my 31s cause the 4 on her are mint.. she will probably be doing a couple burnouts too cause she only has front breaks but they lock up solid so she will be good for brake burns lol but she comes with new rear brake lines, wheel cylinders and all new shoes so ill fix the rear brakes someday

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh adn im not paying 500 for it. im paying 300, and im letting him keep the money he owes me for the work im doing

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
heres a tease of whats to come

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no more interest?

my buddy (fx2prerunner on other forums) picked me up those 33" swampers and rims in the pic for me tonight,, gonna get the money and give my uncle for the ranger soon. then im gonna bring up the tires and bolt em on up there just to test fit, see how much they rub, shouldnt be a big lot cause the rims are offset alot.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
where the hell is everybody? oh well ill talk to myself. i took up $25 of gas today and put in the ranger an took her up the road and out a old woods road and it went perfect theres nothing wrong with her besides for neither muffler but i can put one of them on her

1 - 20 of 65 Posts