Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know from my newbie post, I have a coolant leak. We had a cold snap here a few weeks ago and that is when I first notice the leak. I was on my way to work and did not have time to check it out, all I knew was that the lower front of the motor was wet. I took it home and swapped rigs and it sat for a couple of weeks.
I started it up today and let it run for some time... No leak. I decided to drive it around for the afternoon... No leak. The radiator is barely low on coolant and the overflow bottle is still up to the mark. WTF???

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my first thought when I found that the block was wet. Is it possible for a water pump to only leak occasionally? My experiences with bad water pumps have always been that they just let go and they're done.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
A few years ago i got really warm one day in late winter and the truck started overheating. Turns out a small clip had busted at the bottom of my radiator, dropped out all the fluid, and had nothing to cool off the engine. The ford dealership did the whole job for free cuz it was under warranty and cuz the clip needed to be replaced with a stronger one anyways. havent had a problem since. that was 4 years ago.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
if u have a auto trans check the fluid level in it. i had the same problem and i checked and it was the coolant lines that went by the engine crossmember so everything was wet and thats what the leak is

1 - 6 of 6 Posts