Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha, spent 4 1/2 hours on the truck today. It was great! I got my front water spigot fixed so I dont have to wash the truck in the grass behind the house anymore!

Today's fun consisted of:

• wash with Meguiars Deep Crystal Wash
  • dried twice with microfiber towels
  • vacuumed with shop vac
  • interior detailed with Meguiars Natural Shine (good stuff)
  • windows cleaned inside and out with Invisible Glass and a glass cloth
  • waxed with Meguiars Cleaner Carnauba wax
  • wheels polished with Merquiars Hot Wheels and Mothers Powerball
I dont use tire shine because i got tired of it slinging over my truck and also on Sundays, I go see Sara at her dads and he has a gravel driveway and I dont like a dirt ring around my tires either

I then went to get my "Dead End" pic for another forum and drove all over BFE looking for a dead end. fianlly found a place to ***** the truck.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Nice job scott. The longest ive spent on the truck was 9 hours for a big show in Kitty Hawk. That included everything exterior, interior, engine, undercarriage, suspension, and anything you can think of. Pretty much hard waxed all paint, even down in the engine bay.

Longest ever spent on cleaning a car was my dad's stang for the national show.... 16 hours.

Takes a lot to make it look good inside and out with attention to detail. Pictures look great and you sure do have that sense of attention to detail like myself! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
And the best tire shine I have ever used is the Armor All spray foam. Its not that gel crap, it gives a nice semi gloss, lasts for days, and doesn't fling all over the place.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Great pictures! I love the detail you put in your truck!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really this was no more than a simple wash and wax....lol.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Do you use the carnauba liquid wax or the hard wax?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Olfordtruck said:
Do you use the carnauba liquid wax or the hard wax?
The good hard stuff, it lasts so much longer than any liquid wax. That is why i like the Meguiars Cleaner Wax better than NXT. NXT just doesnt seem to last that long

·
Registered
984 Posts
you always have the shine :eek: you could never live here its all gravel no pavement truck is dirty befor you done washing :laugh: your pics are so artsy all the time ,how you do? it i go out and try and it looks like a three year old took them.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Yep, the hard wax is the best! I use that cleaner wax and last time i used the NXT in the hard wax. It just came out here as hard NXT cleaner wax. Now that is expensive but amazing stuff! Waxed it 3 weeks ago and still feels clean despite not washing the truck since before that.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sloue said:
you always have the shine :eek: you could never live here its all gravel no pavement truck is dirty befor you done washing :laugh: your pics are so artsy all the time ,how you do? it i go out and try and it looks like a three year old took them.
That is one of my rules for me and the fiance buying a house next year---NO DIRT ROAD!

I dk, I just find a place that looks good to take a pic and look at the surroundings and try my best to posiotion the truck that looks best with the scenery. I dont have a special camera or anything, just a simple point and shoot. Taking pics is more than just pointing the camera and taking the pic. I am no photo expert by any means, I just think about the pic I want before I take it.

I rode all around the county yesterday looking for the right spot and this one fit the bill perfect. It was partially shaded which is PERFECT for taking pics of a vehicle. (best times bieng morning or evenings. Taking pics of a truck on full out sunlight always suck.

I come up to she spot, seen the sign and immedialte began thinking of how I wanted to take the pic. I set the truck up, got out and started taking the pictures. Turning the camera different directions. Also, I found that when taking pics of the truck, squating always makes the best pics. My favorite angle for a pic is holding the camera about 3-6" off the ground.

For the one in the alleyway, i knew it would look grat with all that old brick and not so clean look. It provided a great contast of a backdrop to my oh so clean and red ranger. I love backgrounds that aren't all neat and perfect, i like contrasted bacgrounds because they make the truck pop even more

When most take pics, they just point the camera and take a pic. Next time, think about how you want the picture to come out in your head and think about your surroundings and lighting.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Haha.. I'm right there with ya sloue... my pictures never turn out very well....

You take some awesome pics dixie! I might have to start thinking my pictures through a little more before taking them.

·
Registered
711 Posts
love the pics man! i have a friend who is like you with his Avenger and he is always talking about this clay bar stuff. have you ever tried that? his car is a '99 and it looks better than new.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CLAY BARS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes! I love clay bars! They make your paint feel soooooooooooo good!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts