Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May 17, 2019 left north little rock, arkansas for trip to mena, arkansas. About 30 miles from home truck went into limp mode on interstate 30 south of benton, arkansas. It slowed down and started running rough, shifting hard, engine light came on along with collision warning disabled, also cruise control inoperative. Driving back was at a slower speed at times due to rough running, making it hard to pick up speed on interstate 30. 115 miles on vehicle after arriving at dealership, they took the vehicle into the garage area and took us home at our request. The vehicle was returned to us later that day with the explanation that it needed a new data download.

May 23, 2019 at noon while leaving an appointment, my wife called me saying the truck was doing the same thing again and would hardly run. The engine light and other warnings were showing. Told her to go straight to dealership if possible, which was about 4-5 miles from where she was. She stated the vehicle had hardly any power, was running rough, shifting hard and was only able to go about 15-20 miles per hour with her emergency flashers turned on.

May 24, 2019 friday: Picked up a ford escape for use while truck was in shop and was told the problem had been escalated to ford, (first escalation).

May 30, 2019 (thursday): Returned to dealership to check on options as to what we could do since the vehicle was still not ready.
I was told that the data problem had not yet been resolved and had been escalated to yet a higher level, (second escalation) and they would get it fixed.

May 31, 2019 (friday): I verbally filed a complaint (case # cas-21781462) with ford customer service. A payment of $860.00 was due in 10 days and having two incidents, we want and need some help resolving this situation. Boeing aircraft company had a data problem that has killed many people and we do not feel safe with this vehicle with it’s on going data problems. We do not want to be ford’s company data problem, like the boeing aircraft data type of problem.

June 7, 2019 (friday): Mclarty ford stating that they had sent all service information they had on the ranger to ford corporation representatives that morning. May 17, 2019 was the first day the ranger was put in the shop at mclarty, and the arkansas lemon law states that any days over 30 would qualify for the lemon law terms. Today would be the 26th day.

June 10, 2019 (monday): Called bank of america and made a payment of $860.08 at 12:20 pm on 2019 ford ranger, ranger still in shop, no fix.

June 18, 2019 was told a computer data download was completed on monday (june 17, 2019), they will drive it for at least 100 miles and if no problems they will call it fixed? We have been denied a buy back and told take the fix, they will be through with repair!

Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2019 ford ranger Lariat has been in the shop numerous times for drivabilitie problems. The engine seems to miss, surge or studder under partial throttle. I had reported this within 500 miles, the dealer and techs agree and feel the problem as I do. They have changed the following plugs, coil paks, injectors, engine managment computer, wiring harness to no avail. Ford Motor Co. now says that it is not a performance problem so "live with IT" This is not an acceptable answer. I have driven four different loaners, Lincoln MKX, Lincoln MKZ, F-150 Diesel, Ranger and own four Fords since purchasing this vehicle NONE OF THEM sputter, hesitate, surge, and seem to continously want to find a higher gear. Now awaiting "Ford" to react to my (2) cases #21843285, #21924778.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My new 2019 Ranger is doing these exact same things. Need to get it towed to dealership. I’ve only made one payment on it and can’t drive it. What were your final outcomes?

thanks.

QUOTE="DM WILKINS, post: 39930, member: 18924"]
May 17, 2019 left north little rock, arkansas for trip to mena, arkansas. About 30 miles from home truck went into limp mode on interstate 30 south of benton, arkansas. It slowed down and started running rough, shifting hard, engine light came on along with collision warning disabled, also cruise control inoperative. Driving back was at a slower speed at times due to rough running, making it hard to pick up speed on interstate 30. 115 miles on vehicle after arriving at dealership, they took the vehicle into the garage area and took us home at our request. The vehicle was returned to us later that day with the explanation that it needed a new data download.

May 23, 2019 at noon while leaving an appointment, my wife called me saying the truck was doing the same thing again and would hardly run. The engine light and other warnings were showing. Told her to go straight to dealership if possible, which was about 4-5 miles from where she was. She stated the vehicle had hardly any power, was running rough, shifting hard and was only able to go about 15-20 miles per hour with her emergency flashers turned on.

May 24, 2019 friday: Picked up a ford escape for use while truck was in shop and was told the problem had been escalated to ford, (first escalation).

May 30, 2019 (thursday): Returned to dealership to check on options as to what we could do since the vehicle was still not ready.
I was told that the data problem had not yet been resolved and had been escalated to yet a higher level, (second escalation) and they would get it fixed.

May 31, 2019 (friday): I verbally filed a complaint (case # cas-21781462) with ford customer service. A payment of $860.00 was due in 10 days and having two incidents, we want and need some help resolving this situation. Boeing aircraft company had a data problem that has killed many people and we do not feel safe with this vehicle with it’s on going data problems. We do not want to be ford’s company data problem, like the boeing aircraft data type of problem.

June 7, 2019 (friday): Mclarty ford stating that they had sent all service information they had on the ranger to ford corporation representatives that morning. May 17, 2019 was the first day the ranger was put in the shop at mclarty, and the arkansas lemon law states that any days over 30 would qualify for the lemon law terms. Today would be the 26th day.

June 10, 2019 (monday): Called bank of america and made a payment of $860.08 at 12:20 pm on 2019 ford ranger, ranger still in shop, no fix.

June 18, 2019 was told a computer data download was completed on monday (june 17, 2019), they will drive it for at least 100 miles and if no problems they will call it fixed? We have been denied a buy back and told take the fix, they will be through with repair!

Has anyone else had this problem?
[/QUOTE]
My 2019 ford ranger Lariat has been in the shop numerous times for drivabilitie problems. The engine seems to miss, surge or studder under partial throttle. I had reported this within 500 miles, the dealer and techs agree and feel the problem as I do. They have changed the following plugs, coil paks, injectors, engine managment computer, wiring harness to no avail. Ford Motor Co. now says that it is not a performance problem so "live with IT" This is not an acceptable answer. I have driven four different loaners, Lincoln MKX, Lincoln MKZ, F-150 Diesel, Ranger and own four Fords since purchasing this vehicle NONE OF THEM sputter, hesitate, surge, and seem to continously want to find a higher gear. Now awaiting "Ford" to react to my (2) cases #21843285, #21924778.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts