Ford Ranger Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is in the wrong section ahead of time.

Well, just threw in a new custom N-take cold air intake i got off ebay for 70$, took about 1/2 hour, and it looks awesome, looking to get about 15 more hp maybe more but not holding too high of hopes, next up for performance mods is probally a dual exhaust once i get up alot more money. Might try to start looking for sponsorships? anyway, there are some pics of the processs and final product on my cardomain page 6 so check them out! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3359764/6
Thanks! any questions comments etc, hit me up!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Sweet! I like how low it hangs down by the fender!

It will probably get alot more airflow than normal.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
This post should probably go in the V6 tech section. its coolio though...

The intake looks good! Probably getting some good cold air down there! It will probably give you a good 8-10 hp without a exhaust free up and tuner. As for suggestions for your truck... I am a flowmaster man... so I love flowmaster... I would suggest a Flowmaster Super 44 or the 40 series for yours. They sound great! No poping, just a good rumble and coming out of a 4.0 it would sound great and loud!!!!!

I got the MAC Performance intake for my 3.0 for about $180... it looks a lot like yours but stays in the engine compartment... heres a link to my cardomain page that has a pic of my intake...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3114321/5

great start to making that thing take off!!!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
What gears are in it? Also is it a L/S differential?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
i have to agree on the flowmasters olfordtruck is my new friend for surelol. but as far has popping any exhaust will pop if to things happen. first if you have any leaks before the muffler. two if you take off your cat or empty it like i did. as far as me and millions of other ppl are conserned flowmaster is the way to go hands down. love the 40 and 44s 96 RANGER WITH 4 BANGER A 40 SERIES FLOWMASTER I BOUGHT FOR $5 AND IT BOLTED UP O YA

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
BADINTEN said:
i have to agree on the flowmasters olfordtruck is my new friend for surelol.

96 RANGER WITH 4 BANGER A 40 SERIES FLOWMASTER I BOUGHT FOR $5 AND IT BOLTED UP O YA
A new friend!!! yippee!!! haha... Flowmaster guys have to stick together!!! lol

5 flippin dollars?!?!?! from where? I got mine online for $60 but I need to get a new one with single inlet and dual outlet so I can redo my exhaust tailpipes.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
BTW... truck sounds good, especially for a 4 banger!!!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
dang... thats a good find! I just got mine for that cheap off of an amazon.com retailer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the input guys, now as far as exhaust goes. I dont know much about it, so id need some help, i know i want a dual exhaust, so would it be possible to keep my single stock pipe from the engine down the the exhaust, cut off the exhaust for a flowmaster with 2 outlets, and then just have dual exit pipes? thats all i reall want, i think that would sound great and look sweet. thanks

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
As far as I know there arent complete Flowmaster kits for the Ranger but the typical exhaust for a dual is a cat-back exhaust... which is where everything after the cats is replaced. Gibson makes a good cat-back for the Ranger but its not a Flowmaster. http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/index.php?cat=1

Thats the site for all of the mufflers that flowmaster has but browse on youtube and listen to tem all to get an idea. The new one is the 80 series and ive heard that its a good one... You can just probably get a muffler of your choice and make youre own catback exhaust using clamps and all. If you custom do one I would advise to research othe cat-backs to ensure you give everything plenty of clearance to prevent any issues.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
well you can dual anything now adays but for it to look and sound good is a different story. you can get a flowmaster that has a single in and dual outs for the cheaper stuff you would want side exit but for a nicer look you want it to go all the way out the back. both would change the sound along with any exhaust tips you might use.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
true, true... for a 4.0 I would personally go with a single in dual out Super 44... but thats just me. The cat-back would look great, and thats coming from a lightning exhaust guy!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
its also beefy but the way I always put it was the 40 makes it louder to make it sound good and the 44 just takes the true sound and perfects it without making it much louder... thats why my 3.0 isnt really loud with the 44. The 40 will make that 4.0 very very loud! The 44 will make it gurgle much more... take a pick! Once I get my 3.0 retuned and get the underdrive pullies, the 44 will sound much louder then it is now.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
LOL... mine has a 40 series... maybe we should...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Ill second that motion... everyone in favor say aye!!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.