Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that my coil springs in the front of my truck are getting worn out. The front of the truck sits considerably lower than the back and the tires are starting to rub on the inner fender. What could i do a cheap fix to bring my front end up a little bit?.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
first off the front of a truck is always lower than the back by as much as 4" in different from what i have seen (not just rangers) and the reason the factory does that is for when you tow a trailer it will look level. all that being said can you get a side profile pic of it. if you had an oversized tire i can understand it hitting but a stock sized tire should not rub like your saying i would hit the junk yard and buy another set of coils from another ranger

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
That's a bigger than stock tire but still shouldn't be hitting, mine hit in my '85 b-II but the springs are bagged in it too. I'm just living with it for now. Another suggestion would be to put washers.... scratch that, it's a '97. I don't know enough about those years to be able to suggest anything.
Good luck,

Richard

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
One option is a coil spacer. They use to sell 2" kits on eBay back in the day (probably still do). Other options have already been mentioned. A new set of coils would work, but if you spend the money on those, just get a set of 2" lift coils.

My truck scrubbed in the exact same spot when I first put 31's on it. The spacers did the trick for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts