Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys so the other day I was driving my 98 ford ranger 4 cyl. When i noticed my clutch getting really soft and starting to grab the gear closer and closer to the floor. Didnt think much of it so i parked it. When i got back in and started it in gear it learched forward as it was turning it over. There was no pressure what so ever so i checked the slave/ master cylinder and it was out of fluid:confused: Filled it up pumped the clutch, got the pressure back now it wont go into gear at all even when clutch is pushed 100% in? If the trucks turned off it will go in and out of any gear fine, just when started nothing?

Wondering if anyone knows what this could possible be? Happened all of a sudden so I have a feeling its not the clutch its self. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you bleed the clutch hydraulic system? Once the air is in there it's pretty aggravating to get out. Just to double check things and be really sure its the hydraulic system at fault depress clutch and try to start it while tranny is in gear. If it lurches then you need to bleed hydraulic system first before assuming anything else. Perfection Clutch has excellent how to video on YouTube that I have found to be the most effective way to do this

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like you have a loose hose, a hole in one of the lines or a blown seal, if you didn't notice fluid anywhere visible on the floorboard then it could be the slave cylinder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts