Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

If you haven't already noticed, we have added a chat feature at the bottom of the page. I remember this was requested a LONG time ago, but I just got around to figuring out how to get 'er done.

There are a few rules however:

1. Keep it clean!
2. Dont ask technical questions in the chat. Create a thread.
3. Only members can view it! ;D

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you see an ad in the chat box? or are you talking about above the chat box?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was making a couple tweaks to it a few minutes ago... maybe that's what it was. If anyone sees any other issues with it, please let me know!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Is there a way to put it at the top of the page. Being way at the bottom, I will do nothing but forget about it. I know on some of the other forums I'm on its on the top of the page.

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
West said:
Is there a way to put it at the top of the page. Being way at the bottom, I will do nothing but forget about it. I know on some of the other forums I'm on its on the top of the page.
I was gonna put it at the top, but it seemed really intrusive on the whole forum. It really made the site look too busy IMO...

88!DANGER!Ranger said:
i like it used it last night
Good to hear! Now if I can just make it left aligned instead of centered.... LOL

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm... I'm not too sure... let me check out the code behind it...

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chat feature will be down for a little bit while I work on something...

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, the chat feature was causing some strange reporting errors to generate for some reason. Seems there may be an issue with the PHP coding involved. I asked the developer what I could do to fix it and it seems that if I created a seperate page, I would be ok.

At the top of every page, you will now see a link in the top left hand corner that says "chatroom". Click on this and it will take you there.

They are now left aligned and list the date and time the entry was made.

I apologize for not being able to leave it on the mainpage like it was.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not that I know of... I can ask the developer though!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hate to do this guys, but I'm gonna have to take down the chatroom... it keeps giving all kinds of crazy system errors in my log...

I'm gonna try and talk with the developer and see what is causing it, but I'm gonna have to remove it so it doesnt do any permanent damage!

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, it sucks... hopefully I can get it worked out quickly!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts