Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, so im a college student, so i have a bunch of time on my hands, as well as nothing in my pockets..ahah

anyone ever try cent sports? free way to wager on any sporting event with play money for real money return (if your good enough)

friend showed me the website http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=673857

so i had to try it. it only took me like 1 minute to sign up, only had to enter, name, email and a password for the account...NO credit card or anything

i guess the concept is pretty simple, advertisers basically pay the site and you bet that money as (play money)..so its legal, because you are not depositing any money into the site and betting that..i guess they will ALWAYS spot you 10 cents..so you can never lose money and if you are good enough to take 10 cents into 20+ dollars, you can cash out at any point..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yaa neither had i, surprisingly, till my friend told me, since a broke college student, i had to try it...

seems like a win win win situation unless you lose every bet, in which case, stay away from vegas...but you can never lose any of your real money, so thats all winn win

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I've never heard of it...

Remember that old saying though... If it seems to good to be true, it probably is!

Be careful on stuff like that!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Wonder if you're getting a virus along with your money or a phishing attempt. I'd imagine you'd have to give bank info in order to collect. I'd be vewy, vewy, caweful :)
Richard

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yaa to me it seemed kind of funny, but from what one of the soccer kids said here at college, he banked 200 bucks in 6 months.

what part is wery to you?

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
There's really two things that jump out at me:

1. The fact that you get money without ever giving them money. They would have to make an astronomical amount of money from ads to support that...

2. Like alwaysfloored said, most places typically take bank account info if they're legit. How do they send payments? A check? Paypal?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I was thinking more that a nonlegit place would want your bank info. Then they can open new accounts,credit cards etc., under your name. They could build up your credit, then cash in, then your credit get f#%ked. Don't really know but be careful with your info.
Richard

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i wish i got to see the check that the kid got here...ill see if i can talk to him though

but from what i understand, the site makes more from advertisers than people cashing out, so they are making money...and they only give a certain percentage of cash outs each week so that they cannot go negative that week..

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
blackonblack03 said:
i wish i got to see the check that the kid got here...ill see if i can talk to him though

but from what i understand, the site makes more from advertisers than people cashing out, so they are making money...and they only give a certain percentage of cash outs each week so that they cannot go negative that week..
Yes, I'd be interested in how he got paid; cheque, paypal?
Richard

1 - 16 of 16 Posts