Ford Ranger Forums banner

Cage design by RICO9

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  alwaysFlOoReD 
#1 ·
here's what i've come up with for my next project. let me know what you think. it will be tied into the frame i just forgot to draw it.

See less See more
#3 ·
The pink bars look to be directly above your head, IMO not a good place. The light green bars in the main halo behind the driver should run in a continuous straight line from drivers upper left ( beside drivers head ) to passenger lower right ( near seat belt mount by door ). The light blue door bars should run farther forward , ideally be connected to the bottom of the blue bar, and a connecting bar from the bottom of the main halo to the front bottom of the blue bar should be added. Always try to use triangles and no dead tubes IE; no T intersections, though sometimes you have to. All this is my personal opinion from research and looking at a lot of cages for ideas for my race truck. I'm glad that someone else did my truck the first time but I will do the next myself, now that I've seen how it's done up close.
Are you planning any down tubes for the rear? Or an engine cage?
I'm currently looking for a tube bender so if you come across any good deals, let us know. I'll do the same.
Good luck,

Richard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.