Ford Ranger Forums banner

bullet holes

bullet holes

9K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  momule 
#1 ·
i've been contemplating putting some REAL bullet holes in my B2 to give it that "combat tested" look. i just thought i'd see what you guys think.

here is a visual aid.

See less See more
#4 ·
I personally think the look would be sick!

But please tell me you are going to take the body panels off first... LOL

#6 ·
I could see taking off the fender and door and putting some holes through them so they line up with the holes in the back that I'd CAREFULLY shoot through. That would look really sick. I think you were saying the b-2 is on it's last legs anyway so you wouldn't have to worry about rust. Go for it, and take some video too while you do it.

Richard

#7 ·
rngrdanny22 said:
I personally think the look would be sick!

But please tell me you are going to take the body panels off first... LOL
of course i'm gonna take the panels off first. my doors are already removeable so i would just need to take off the fenders and there is nothing in my bed so i could just put log in there to catch the rounds.

alwaysFlOoReD said:
I could see taking off the fender and door and putting some holes through them so they line up with the holes in the back that I'd CAREFULLY shoot through. That would look really sick. I think you were saying the b-2 is on it's last legs anyway so you wouldn't have to worry about rust. Go for it, and take some video too while you do it.

Richard
where did you hear it was on it's last legs? she is a finely tuned machine with a fresh motor, fresh rebuilt tranny, fresh d35 and 8.8 with all new internals, fresh 35's..... i think the only parts that are original are the frame, t-case, and some of the body panels! all i have left to get are custom drive shafts made and to put on my new warn hubs.

#9 ·
where did you hear it was on it's last legs? she is a finely tuned machine with a fresh motor, fresh rebuilt tranny, fresh d35 and 8.8 with all new internals, fresh 35's..... i think the only parts that are original are the frame, t-case, and some of the body panels! all i have left to get are custom drive shafts made and to put on my new warn hubs.
I must have been thinking of someone else, oops!
In that case I would try to clear coat both sides of the holes.

Richard

#10 ·
i have this rustoleum high heat aluminum spray paint that looks just like bare metal. i was thinking of using it and making a stencil.

#11 ·
reather then causing rust to start theres other things that look like bullet holes then really shooting your truck they make stickers and theres the airbrush world thats the easyest one to do a kid with a pink football helmet could do it.

#12 ·
ill have to post up my buddies blazer its has holes from lead worms in the dash .. do it, then take the empty casings and use them for the door locks.. had a tail gate i filled full of 44 rounds. and that was the biggest conversation piece of the truck..

#13 ·
Theres a guy over here that has the same effect with an old model A ford that's been lowered, rusted, open top and has a few bullet holes. Brings it out to the car shows, looked cool as hell with the wide slicks on the back. Your BII should look just as good with the holes cleaned up a bit.

#15 ·
sloue said:
ill have to post up my buddies blazer its has holes from lead worms in the dash .. do it, then take the empty casings and use them for the door locks.. had a tail gate i filled full of 44 rounds. and that was the biggest conversation piece of the truck..
first off, what is a lead worm?!?
i like the casings for door locks! never thought of that!

rngrdanny22 said:
What size caliber were you considering? I think 9MM would be too small...
hmmm..... i don't know..... i don't own a gun so i guess i'll have to go with what ever i can get my hands on. one of the guys i work with has a 44 i think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.