Ford Ranger Forums banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
work what that is that where you get up at like 2pm eat and work on that big poop lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Well I am 3600KMs from my truck (2250mi for our USA friends) and it's winter in Newfoundland... Soooo progress is VERY slow. That being said, next time I visit my parents I will pull the truck into their garage and I will make a new rad support for the big block. I will be ordering the hydroboost fittings and lines this week. So I am getting closer. Everyday I do a little work to the cylinder heads as well. I figure by next month I will have everything ready to put the engine together. Anyone who's built a performance engine knows that it never goes together just once. There's always adjustments to make.

Lets not forget I have to figure out my stupid vibration problem coming from the back of the truck at 85kmh. TONS of work to do. I will update with pics as I get stuff done.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
So I got my tax return back... I had a choice, spend it on renovations or a solid roller cam & lifter kit for the 429... Needless to say I ordered my cam. So the dude told me he has the perfect cam for my engine but he will grind it for a wider lobe separation to make it idle a bit smoother for the EFI. The drawback was it will limit my HP to about 560HP >:? Boo Hoo. Hahaha. I get a full week working on it soon, so I should get a good lot of it thrown together.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
sweet, cant wait to see/drive it. haha. hopefully i can come out around your place when you are working on the swap

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Well before the engine goes in I will have everything prepared for it. So we're talking a days work maybe to put it in. With any luck it will go smooth. I already have every possibility planned for from talking with other BBF ranger guys.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Really looking forward to this. Good luck,

Richard

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Thanks. Most people realize how hard it is to put such a big engine in a small truck, but of those not many people know how hard it is to do it the right way. I want it to fit in with NO cutting of the firewall. I want functional power brakes and I want it quiet. I also want a functional heater. This HAS to be a streetable truck, that idles nice and gets decent mileage. It's asking a lot, but I have had a LOOOONNNNGGGG time to research this and get it ready. Now it's coming to completion.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
t120r said:
Well before the engine goes in I will have everything prepared for it. So we're talking a days work maybe to put it in. With any luck it will go smooth. I already have every possibility planned for from talking with other BBF ranger guys.
yeah, maybe ill be in st johns and me and Jon will come out around

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
WOO HOO!!!! Just got more goodies:)

Just for a size comparison, that's a Canadian quarter next to the intake valve. Same size as the US one. Holy crap this stuff is huge.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
sweet!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
They sure are!! What's the diameter of the threaded portion?

Richard

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
1"-14tpi for the threads. 9/16 for the bolt hole. Weird they only make them with a 9/16 hole.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts