Ford Ranger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 94 Ranger with a manual transmission swap with an automatic 8.8 × 3.27 differential gear ratio and i have 31in tires but would like to have 33in tires. I was wondering what size of pinion size would give me more torque and be better for the manual transmission gear ratios. I was thinking of going with the 3.73 but was curious if i should maybe go up one more size.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi I have a 94 Ranger with a manual transmission swap with an automatic 8.8 × 3.27 differential gear ratio and i have 31in tires but would like to have 33in tires. I was wondering what size of pinion size would give me more torque and be better for the manual transmission gear ratios. I was thinking of going with the 3.73 but was curious if i should maybe go up one more size.
I own a 2000 ranger extended cab step side. I recently swapped my 8.8 4:10 axle for a 95 explorer axle so I can have 31 spline axle shafts with spartan lockers. I have 33' Firestone's M/T's. 4:10 is a great ratio for 33's.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2000 ranger extended cab step side 4x4. I swapped my rear axle for a 95 explorer axle. 4:10 8.8 31 spline axle shafts with spartan lockers on 33's Firestone's M/T's. Now that's some torque.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts